- The unfortunately-named goblin "Dies-Horribly" from Goblins is made of this trope.
Grem: I am a goblin prince. I know when to fight.
Dies: I AM A COWARD! I KNOW WHEN TO RUN! Come on!
- Ahem in The Inexplicable Adventures of Bob!
- Trevor, Vallant's pet rat in Teh Gladiators, whose preferred method of combat is to stick his head in the ground until the danger has passed. Vallant spends a great deal of time training him to unleash his Beast Within, with only partial success.
- Elly, from Dubious Company. Being a wimpy, clumsy, pretty boy his whole life limits his perspective. Even in the few occasions he does try to be brave, the raccoon decides its time for hugs, or his opponent is Mary or Marty. In later arcs, he makes up for this with his natural strengths.
- Emil, from Stand Still, Stay Silent, was raised in a posh family and is still unaccustomed to facing trolls face to face, so rather than following the eponymous Rule Number One, he prefers to run and scream. He does run to help Lalli when the latter is in troll-infested wagon, though.