Literature / 13 Treasures
is a Young Adult fantasy trilogy written by Michelle Harrison about the fair folk
The Trilogy includes:
- 13 Treasures
- 13 Curses
- 13 Treasures
The books contain examples of:
- Big Fancy House: The Elvesden manor.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Tanya is quite snarky and rude to her mother and Fabian, before her Character Development takes place.
- Cassandra Truth: The reason why she is sent to her grandmother's mansion.
- Creepy Child: Changelings.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Tanya, who starts off as a snarky and rude teen, but gets better.
- Don't Go Into the Woods: Tanya and Fabian are constantly lectured to avoid the Hangman's Woods. Mainly because Morwenna lurks in them.
- Evil Former Friend: Morwenna Bloom to Florence.
- The Fair Folk
- I Have Your Wife: The fairies kidnap Red's brother. Morwenna kidnapped Tanya's mother when she was a baby, in order to blackmail Florence into completing the pact.
- Missing Mom: The series provides a few examples of this:
- Red's parents died in a car crush.
- Amos's wife left the family when Warwick was only a child.
- Fabian's mother died when he was a child.
- The Reveal:
- Morwenna Bloom was evil all along and was trying to trick Tanya into getting trapped in the Fairy Realm, so that Morwenna would be free to return to the human world.
- Florence was acting aloof towards her granddaughter because she wanted to protect her.
- Take Me Instead: Red does this at the end of the first book.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Tanya after the events of the first book.
- You Can See Me?: Tanya can see fairies, and neither party is happy about it.