- "Some of them are very friendly. Like the Yot in the Pot. But that Yottle in the Bottle! Some are friendly. Some are NOT."
This work contains examples of:
- Creator Cameo: the Bofa on the sofa he wishes wasn't there, reading a book and helping himself to the candy dish, looks really Ted Geisel-ish.
- Curtain Camouflage: The Jertain in the curtain.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: There's a "rocket in my pocket".
- Interspecies Friendship: "But the Yeps on the steps, they're great fun to have around. And so are many, many other friends that I have found."
- Non-Indicative Name: There are, in fact, no wockets in the book. Or pockets.
- Nothing Is Scarier: The Vug under the Rug may be only a nondescript lump, but it's "the only one I'm really scared of," according to the narrator.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: Like anything written by Dr. Seuss.
- Things That Go "Bump" in the Night: The Vug under the Rug.