Literature: The WTF Journal
Because dealing with Generic Ninjas wasn't enough, Thalia "Thal" Evans and co. must now deal with zombies, Artemis Fowl
, road trips, psycho exes
, arguably trippy musical numbers, the shrooms that "be hoppin"...and actual high school in The WTF Journal
- Aerith and Bob: There's Oliver, Tybirius, Thalia, Emilia, Roewena, Linadel, Elzena and Kelaudrey. The minor characters' names range from Janet and Mira to Sheyonclanana.
- Affectionate Parody: In a certain light, the Collens.
- Artemis Fowl
- Big Eater: Thal.
- Butt Monkey: Ollie, Ty and Thal.
- Casual Kink: Used very often, usually in regard to Emy or Lina. Sometimes Zena.
- Eragon: Portrayed very negatively.
- Fangirl: Emy when it comes to Twilight, primarily Edward but also Jacob.
- Gender-Blender Name: Tony.
- Handwave: Used by when Artemis asks how she made a time machine to see the dinosaurs. And how she can levitate. And pretty much everything else.
- Insane Troll Logic: About 99.46547766859594% of it.
- Kingdom Hearts: Parodied.
- Lethal Chef: Ollie.
- The Lad-ette: Thal.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Ty, is regards to Emy being naked.
- Noodle Incident: Invoked
- No Fourth Wall: They sometimes speak directly to the audience, the journal exists in universe...
- Nosebleed: Ollie. His can range from filling a bucket to filling the entire third floor.
- Otaku: Zena, invoked.
- Right Through the Wall: Oh, Zena.
- Token Minority: Zena, according to the prequel.
- Tomboy: Thal, who is a Big Eater, hates dresses and pink, and is commonly referred to as a man.
- Twilight: Parodied.
- Yandere: Arguably Emy, whose ex-boyfriend was evidently beaten nearly to death after cheating on her.
- She also plans to poison Charles to prevent Thal from marrying him.