Literature: The WTF Journal
Because dealing with Generic Ninjas wasn't enough, Thalia "Thal" Evans and co. must now deal with zombies, Artemis Fowl, road trips, psycho exes, arguably trippy musical numbers, the shrooms that "be hoppin"...and actual high school in The WTF Journal
- Aerith and Bob: There's Oliver, Tybirius, Thalia, Emilia, Roewena, Linadel, Elzena and Kelaudrey. The minor characters' names range from Janet and Mira to Sheyonclanana.
- Affectionate Parody: In a certain light, the Collens.
- Artemis Fowl
- Big Eater: Thal.
- Butt Monkey: Ollie, Ty and Thal.
- Casual Kink: Used very often, usually in regard to Emy or Lina. Sometimes Zena.
- Eragon: Portrayed very negatively.
- Fangirl: Emy when it comes to Twilight, primarily Edward but also Jacob.
- Gender-Blender Name: Tony.
- Handwave: Used by when Artemis asks how she made a time machine to see the dinosaurs. And how she can levitate. And pretty much everything else.
- Insane Troll Logic: About 99.46547766859594% of it.
- Kingdom Hearts: Parodied.
- Lethal Chef: Ollie.
- The Lad-ette: Thal.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Ty, is regards to Emy being naked.
- Noodle Incident: Invoked
- No Fourth Wall: They sometimes speak directly to the audience, the journal exists in universe...
- Nosebleed: Ollie. His can range from filling a bucket to filling the entire third floor.
- Otaku: Zena, invoked.
- Right Through the Wall: Oh, Zena.
- Token Minority: Zena, according to the prequel.
- Tomboy: Thal, who is a Big Eater, hates dresses and pink, and is commonly referred to as a man.
- Twilight: Parodied.
- Yandere: Arguably Emy, whose ex-boyfriend was evidently beaten nearly to death after cheating on her.
- She also plans to poison Charles to prevent Thal from marrying him.