Literature: The Ruffling Of Fur And Feathers
A series of Pokemon fanfics based around the same universe, created by Shiny clefairy.
The first story made (not in chronological order) is based around a Chatot named Ruffled. There are three versions of this story, two of which are based around a similar plot. The first two stories are based around the relationship between Seedeth, a control freak Aipom who kidnaps and rapes Pokemon, and Ruffled, one of her many servants. She ends up falling in love with Ruffled. Drama ensures when an old boyfriend of Ruffled is determined to hunt Ruffled down and place her back on the normal "straight" path. The third version is still being worked on, and is setting to completely start over. This is based around Ruffled, yet again, redesigned as more of a needy and clingy character. Several other characters are being redesigned and polished to try and make the story more beliveable.
Due to creator breakdown, a lot of the first version has been deleted. It's here
if you want to read it anyway.
The second version is on both fanfiction.net
The third edition only exists on deviantart
at this point in time, though it might go on fanfiction.net later on in time.
Many other (less good and often abandoned due to lack of popularity) stories have been made.The monkey chronicles
: A version of the second edition from Seedeth's point of view. Still being worked on.Jason's past
: A prequil of sorts, from Jason's point of view.Grimsby's recovery
: A sequal of sorts, from Grimsby's point of view.A remake of Grimsby's recovery
Provides examples of:
open/close all folders
- Bad powers bad people: Played straight with Jason, but subverted with Grimsby. Also counts under Dark is evil.
- Dogged nice guy: Jason starts out as this, but his frustration leads him to end up as a stalker with a crush
- Feather fingers Played straight will all but the third remake. In the third remake, Ruffled has to use a device that picks things up for her.
- Hammerspace: Rick's shell serves as hammerspace, mainly for rule of funny.
- Huge guy tiny girl: Jason is this to Ruffled when he gets older. This is one of Ruffled's arguments against going back to him.
- Interspecies Romance: Seedeth (aipom) and Ruffled (Chatot) for starters. Also, Rick/Sweetie (Squirtle/Buneary). And Jason/Ruffled, though that fell apart.
- No cure for evil: Subverted with Jason. When he dies, he helps the protagonists of other stories as a ghost.
- Power glows: Ruffled glows pink while using return.
- Actual Pacifist: The tribe of happiness, up to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the fact that violence still exists.
- All Lesbians Want Kids: Seedeth really wants children mainly to replace her dead children, who were murdered.
- Anything that moves: Seedeth was this, but it was part of her job...so...
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Shi is loyal to Seedeth as Seedeth fed her and refused to abuse her, as her own brother sold her to her.
- Birds of a Feather: Ruffled and Seedeth can claim to be like this. Both have no family connections thanks to where they live (though Ruffled does not mention this and is actually explained in a one shot).
- Complete Monster Jorethic. He Rapes and turns a CHILD into a slave, takes her teeth out and leaves her as an empty shell.
- ''Even Evil Has Standards: Seedeth refuses to sexually abuse children, and instead adopts them as her own. This is to fill in the void her murdered children left behind.
- Happiness in Slavery: Ruffled doesn't mind being Seedeth's servant at first. She changes her mind soon enough though.
- Heel face mole: Lish
- Heroic Neutral: Ruffled and Seedeth, pretty much. All the partner characters could also count.
- He who fights monsters. Jason. Just Jason. He wants his girlfriend back, but the way he tries to get her back is not much better than what Seedeth did to her.
- Master With A Heart Of Gold: Seedeth, at least at the start.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Jason.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Jason at the end.
- Jerk with a heart of gold: Shi.
- Love martyr: Ruffled. She pretty much gets abused by every love interest she has, and very rarely compains. She grows a little bit of a backbone as the story goes on, but she still is a doormat.
- Lust object: Ruffled, to Seedeth. Though Seedeth is attracted to bird pokemon in general, she has an obsession with Ruffled.
- Nice guy: Grimsby. He's one of the few characters with nothing wrong with him. Until...
- Team chef: Lish. [[spoilers: Or, he was.]]
- The woobie Annitha, and sometimes Jason. Shi also could count.
- Villainous BSOD Jason
TROFAF second edition
Grimsby's recovery only
- Action Duo: Rick and Sweetie.
- ''Berserk Button Grimsby has one. His fear of Jason leads him to attack some fellow Murkrow who were tormenting him, as he started halucinating and seeing them as Jason. He also attacks Jason when he sees him, but as Jason is a ghost no one is really hurt.
- Carnivore confusion: Shi addresses this, by calling Ruffled "prey" and stating that being prey is Ruffled's purpose in life. Seedeth is not too happy about this.
- Distressed damsel: Ruffled. Lampshaded by Seedeth:
- "For Mew's sake." Seedeth cried, punching the ground. "I can't leave Ruffled alone for a fucking second, can't I?"
- Mama bear: Wrongles, towards her little brother Flufsinburg. Seeing her brother get knocked out caused her to evolve and kick the attacker's ass.
- Papa wolf: Gigias, towards Flufsinburg. Considering how horrible he had been to him before this point, it counts as a CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming
- God Is Evil Arceus could count as this and as a Physical God, as he gives Grimsby quite the punishment. However, he is guarding a magic sword that controls the stability of both the real and distortion world, so maybe its justified.
- God of Evil: Giratina
- Nice job breaking it Grims! Then again, he was tricked.
- Team Mom: Sweetie, but she is quite laid back about it. She does tend to settle fights and sort out the team more than the others though.
Seedeth's POV only
- All gays are promiscuous: Turns out Seedeth has at least one other love interest, but in the end subverts this by being with only Ruffled. Doen't stop her from being flirtatious to every female she sees, though.
- Bad Boss: Kairyu the dragonite.
Jason's past only