Literature / The Reason Why
A story about three girls:
- A schoolgirl who stalks the city streets, trying to destroy a deadly evil whilst hiding under a lilac cover...
- Her daughter, who lies awake at night pondering her fate as she sees a bizarre shadow following her everywhere...
- And a child-girl, the daughter of two people who were never supposed to meet, who witnesses all the carnage with a strangely-calm disposition...
Part of The Wario Barker Collection
, inspired by (and uploaded in Fall 2009 as a response to) this artwork.
Originally intended as a simple oneshot, positive reception caused it to become a multi-chapter story.
Currently up to Chapter 4: in order, "Reasons"
; and "Storm"
(last three contain some mature content; DeviantArt
account is required to view).Also has a Character Sheet.
This story provides examples of:
- Crapsack World: Suggested by Allura's comments in "Reasons", although the area was in fact mostly evacuated.
- Curse Cut Short: Done many a time with Chrissie, thanks to Allura.
- Everyone Is Gay: Averted with Allura. While straight, it's implied that she's had more than a few completely and utterly unwanted experiences.
- Has Two Mommies: Nadimia's parents are a pair of girls.
- Incest Is Relative: Chrissie's all for it, but Allura knows the mere concept is wrong.
Saying "Hey, mom, nice ass
!" is not
a positive compliment. Chrissie:
Aaand...what's wrong with telling you that you have a squishy butt? Allura:
The fact that it's sickening, disturbing, and otherwise morally-wrong. (sighs
) But, then again, I'm talking to a girl that I can't even spank anymore if she misbehaves because she loves masochism!
- Medium Awareness: Chrissie.
Mother, I know my attitude has changed considerably since we first left this planet
, but....it's a part of me. It's part of who I am- Allura:
The way you are now...it wasn't supposed
to be a part of you... Chrissie:
But if I left that behind, I would be a much flatter cha--person
than I am now.
- Noodle Incident: Allura doesn't want Chrissie to talk about what happened at Machu Piccu (not Machu Picchu).
- Only Sane Girl: Nadimia, since Allura's gone a bit off due to Chrissie (who is almost-entirely off-kilter).
- Parallel Porn Titles: "Home" originally had Chrissie looking through TV listings and reading off four titles, two of which paralleled stories the author had previously written. The author had published one (The First Story), but the other (The Twelve Dimensions, which sets up a sizable chunk of Allura and Chrissie's backstory) never saw release — and, indeed, a majority of it was never written.
- Really 700 Years Old: Allura and Chrissie.
- Shout-Out: A few things.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Allura's hair is lilac when she first appears, although this isn't her natural color.