Literature: The Pool of the Black One
"The Pool of the Black One" is a Conan the Barbarian story by Robert E. Howard. First published in October, 1933.
- Blue and Orange Morality: There's no real explanation for why the Black Ones do what they do to the crew unless it's For the Evulz.
- The Cavalry: The Crew consume fruit which puts them to sleep, Conan distracts the Black ones, while Sancha wakes them up. The Black one's and the crew fight it out, and despite being half awake/drunk, the crew triumphs with superior numbers.
- Cower Power: Thrown to the ground, Sancha cowers
- Damsel in Distress: Sancha
- Eldritch Abomination: the Black Ones
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Conan shakes Sancha until she agrees to help
- Klingon Promotion: Conan. No one would miss the old one anyway
- Magic Music: The Black ones use a magic flute to steal the souls of the crew.
- The Men First: Conan takes care that everyone leaves before him
- Murder Water: The pool
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Black — but not Negro