Literature: The Oracle Trilogy
The Oracle Trilogy by Catherine Fisher consists of The Oracle, The Archon and The Scarab.
This series provides examples of:
- Anti-Hero - several.
- Cool Mask - The Archon and the Nine wear them in public
- Enemy Without - the guardians of the Well of Songs
- Exact Words - Argelin's Ironic Punishment at the end of book 3
- Gentleman Thief - the Jackal
- God in Human Form - Alexos
- God Is Flawed - The god experiences self-doubt and fear.
- Gods Need Prayer Badly
- Manipulative Bastard: Chryse
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: The Jackal and the Fox
- Obfuscating Stupidity - Chryse
- Rage Against the Heavens - Argelin beginning in book 2
- Reincarnation - The Archon is the repeated reincarnation of the god in human bodies.
- Scary Scorpions
- Sour Supporter - Alexos seems to attract them.
- To Hell and Back, though this depends on which character's perspective you look at it from
- Vast Bureaucracy - The City of the Dead is home to one
- Well-Intentioned Extremist - Rhetia
- Wide-Eyed Idealist - Mirany at first. She grows out of it right quick.
- Woman Scorned