Have problems? Need somone to talk to? The Man who Carried Trouble
is here to help. And Bill is gonna need it... An online short story by E. G. Castle
. Part of the Random Powers series.
- The Confidant: The unnamed man from the title. Bill pours out his troubles to him.
- Drowning My Sorrows: How Bill ends up after his week.
- Empathic Healer: When the unnamed title character touches someone, he can absorb their worries. They seem to weigh on him, despite not being his. Though he seems to be using it deliberately to help people, this is still a power Blessed with Suck.
- Immediate Self-Contradiction: Bill claims his ex-girlfriend was actually nice, then contradicts himself by providing a list of ways in which she is not.
- Nice Guy: Bill is pretty obviously overly nice.
- Secretly Dying: Billís mom is dying of cancer, and she only tells him when she has but months to live.