- Big Eater: The Eater
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The titular fool
- Hitchhiker Heroes
- Plot Tailored to the Party
- Ragtag Bunchof Misfits: Let's see, there is the titular character who is known as the fool of the world and his companions which includes a man who can see across the world, a man who can eat tons of bread, a man who can run fast around the world and a man who can create an army out of wooden sticks.
- Russian Literature
- Superhero Speciation
- Supernatural Aid: how the Fool gets his flying ship.
Rabbit Ears' version of "The Fool and the Flying Ship" contains the following examples:
- Amazing Technicolor Population: The Puffer is salmon pink while the Eater is light green.
- Animal Motifs: The Fool’s companions represent several animals that match their abilities and appearances such as the Runner representing an antelope with his speed and having horns embedded in his head and the Sharpshooter is representing an eagle with his sharp sight and bird-like feet.
- Deranged Animation: Due to its art style, courtesy of Henrik Drescher, the story could be considered this, especially since the animation moved a bit more than was often shown in other Rabbit Ears Productions' stories.
- Gag Nose: The Fool's nose is similar to Pinocchio's.
- Happily Married: Hilariously averted as the Princess doesn’t seem to enjoy the idea about being married to the Fool.Oh, and as for the princess - well, maybe she got used to it."
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to the original Russian folktale. For instance, there was a scene in the original folktale where the Fool and the man who carries the straw have to stay in the royal bath house while the room was heated up to a high degree. This scene was cut out in the Rabbit Ears' version. Also, in the original version, there was a man who carried sticks that could turn into an army of soldiers. Instead, in the Rabbit Ears' version, there was a man who had incredible strength and used that strength to pull the land apart and bring in an army of penguins.
- The Narrator: Robin Williams.
- Surreal Humor: The whole joke about how a flea is sick because of his wife’s snoring and the Sharpshooter shooting at a flea’s buckled shoes to wake up the Runner are among some of the surreal humor in this story.