Tropes that apply to this series:
open/close all folders
- Action Girl: Eleanor
- Apologizes a Lot: Maurice
- Big Bad: The Great White Bum.
- The Dragon: Often the Prince to the Great White Bum.
- Heel–Face Revolving Door: The Prince and Maurice appear in all three books, surviving the encounter with the protagonists in book one, assisting them in Book 2, and turning to the Great White Bum's side in the finale, presumably because they were out of options.
- Market-Based Title: "Bum" is not a widely used slang term in North America, so for the series' release over there, they were edited so that all instances of "bum" (including the title) were replaced with "butt".
- Staying Alive: The Kisser: he's survived a mutation, being eaten, and turning into barf, then losing an arm. Being wiped up and dropped into a volcano probably did him in.
- Toilet Humor: Naturally.
The Day My Bum Went Psycho
Zombie Bums from Uranus
Bumageddon: The Final Pongflict
- Cosmic Retcon: How the series ends, everyone is living a now relatively normal life, Ned Smelly is now Ed Kelly, and the only Butts alive are Zack's and Eleanor's.
- Cycle of Revenge: After the Great White Bum kills all of his friends and family, a mix up in a time machine sends Zack back to the beginning of life. He finds the infant Great White Bum and tries to kill him, succeeding in killing his family, but the butt escapes. The Great White Bum reveals that that is why he started his quest for vengeance.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: All the cast bar Eleanor, Zack, their bums, and Ned, are killed by a brown glob.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! and Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: The War and all of it's victims? It's all the Great White Bum's and Zack's fault, with Zack being the catalyst. See Cycle of Revenge
- Villainous Crush: The Great White Bum has a crush on Robobum.