Literature: The Bum Trilogy
A series of children's novels, called the Butt Trilogy in America, written by Australian author Andy Griffiths. There are three books in the series, and the first book was adapted into an animated series.The Day My Bum Went Psycho introduces the protagonist, Zack Freeman. His bum constantly detaches itself from his body and runs off, requiring him to find it. One night, he follows it and discovers a plot by bums to Take Over the World. Fortunately, he enlists the help of several veteran bum hunters to foil the plot.The sequel, Zombie Bums from Uranus, sees Zack skiing down a mountain while arguing with his bum. It is later revealed that it is simply a scenario in a training simulator, and, after an argument with a bum hunter from the previous book, leaves the academy. On the way home, he meets a blind bum feeler who, for a small fee, tells Zack that he is the savior of man and gives him some seemingly nonsensical advice that later proves useful.The final book, Bumageddon: The Final Pongflict, opens with Zack receiving his bum-fighting certificate in a chapel, which is soon crushed by a large brown blob. Four Great White Bums attack, killing every bumfighter but Zack, his bum and Eleanor. They find out that the Bumageddon is upon them.
Tropes that apply to this series:
open/close all folders
- Apologizes Alot: Maurice
- Big Bad: The Great White Bum.
- The Dragon: Often the Prince to the Great White Bum.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: The Prince and Maurice appear in all three books, surviving the encounter with the protagonists in book one, assisting them in Book 2, and turning to the Great White Bum's side in the finale, presumably because they were out of options.
- Market-Based Title: "Bum" is not a widely used slang term in North America, so for the series' release over there, they were edited so that all instances of "bum" (including the title) were replaced with "butt".
- Staying Alive: The Kisser: he's survived a mutation, being eaten, and turning into barf, then losing an arm. Being wiped up and dropped into a volcano probably did him in.
- Toilet Humor: Naturally.
The Day My Bum Went Psycho
Zombie Bums from Uranus
Bumageddon: The Final Pongflict
- Cosmic Retcon: How the series ends, everyone is living a now relatively normal life, Ned Smelly is now Ed Kelly, and the only Butts alive are Zack's and Eleanor's.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: All the cast bar Elanor, Zack, their bums, and Ned, are killed by a brown glob.
- Cycle of Revenge: After the Great White Bum kills all of his friends and family, a mix up in a time machine sends Zack back to the beginning of life. He finds the infant Great White Bum and tries to kill him, succeeding in killing his family, but the butt escapes. The Great White Bum reveals that that is why he started his quest for vengeance.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero and Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: The War and all of it's victims? It's all the Great White Bum's and Zack's fault, with Zack being the catalyst. See Cycle of Revenge
- Villainous Crush: The Great White Bum has a crush on Robobum.