Literature: The Birth Of Something New
The Birth Of Something New
works as an independant sequel to Rooting for Romance
: but it can still be read independantly. Written by the same guy
who wrote Thrown Into Love
, The Birth Of Something New
is about two girls, one sleeping over at the other, telling their secrets as a shocking secret from the past gets more and more revealed.
You can read it here
- Call Back: In the very first story the author has published(which is not on Troper Works) called Another Destiny, two characters discuss books. One of those books is called Involuntarily and is about a girl who has gotten raped. Chapter four, in which we find out Eric raped Cindy, is called... you guessed it, Involuntarily.
- Christmas Special: And the reader only finds out in the very end.
- Foreshadowing: Marisa's hate of Eric? Yeah, she hates him with a reason...
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: In the first chapter, GabriŽlla and Marisa take this form.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Marisa briefly offers Cindy to be her sister, as she has none. Cindy declines.
- Only Child Syndrome: Cindy has this.
- Platonic Life Partners: Max and Cindy.
- Rape as Drama: Eric raped Cindy, and Cindy's appropriately shocked still in the present time of the story, even though it's been seven months.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Marisa and Cindy, in the end of the story.
- Sequel: To Rooting for Romance. It can be read independantly, though.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: GabriŽlla is the open one, easily talking to others, while Marisa is more of a shy person.
- Unusual Chapter Naming: The first letters of every chapter eventually form 'Christmas', revealing what the 'special day' really was.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Cindy and Marisa.