Literature: The Amityville Horror
A horror novel from 1977, which chronicles the events of a family settling in a house that witnessed a mass murder, and where they eventually get caught up in supernatural shenanigans.The novel was adapted into film in 1979 and 2005.
This book has examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: George hurts himself when he stumbles over a lion figurine that was somehow on the middle of the floor, and when Kathy patches him up afterwards, she finds teethmarks on his ankle.
- Dramatic Drop: When a bartender learns that George Lutz lives in 112 Ocean Avenue, he is so shocked that he drops the empty beer glass from his hand, and it shatters on the floor.
- Evil Is Deathly Cold: The house is constantly cold, even as George burns through wood and oil to keep up the heat.
- Hearing Voices: Ronald DeFeo claimed that a voice in his head told him to kill his family.
- Identical Stranger: George comes to learn that he's a dead ringer for Ronald DeFeo.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Little Missy tells that she has an imaginary friend called Jodie, who turns out to be the pig apparation that George saw in her window.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The pig-like demonic creature called Jodie had red glowing eyes, which Kathy sees staring at her at one point.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Worth noting to remember this is a horror novel based on the supposed haunting. Regardless of what you believe, always remembers parts of this story were never even alleged to have happened in the first place.