The 2009 NaNoWriMo
sequel to Wind Over The Ocean
by Kamui Valentine
. Six months have passed since Kaunis Valtameri Paprin IV ascended the throne as Queen. Things have been running pretty smoothly, her brother is happily married, the country has started to recover from the War of the Valley of Roses. Pretty sweet deal save for two things, her younger sister and resident Grim Reaper
, has been sentenced to death by the rest of the pantheon, and the Royal Navy has disappeared. Foul things are afoot in the neighboring country of Patria Montum Altum. So it's up to the crew to save the world once again.Character Sheet
is currently under construction.
This work provides examples of
- Ax-Crazy: What the gods accuse Morgan of. To be fair they're right.
- Bad Ass: Darnell and Morgan.
- Badass Normal: Ethan Subverted, he gets powers later. Seiya, Ethan's father crosses this with Crazy Awesome and he's a pirate
- Badass Family: The Paprins and the Ulvienne qualify.
- Big Damn Heroes: Played for Laughs with Kamui, due to her bad sense of direction most of her entrances end up being this.
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: The party at the end.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Kamui is this personified, mostly through Lampshade Hanging, Deadpan Snarking, and generally opening her mouth.
- Also the singing band of pirates are incredibly fond of Gilbert and Sullivan.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Somehow Mortimer became a main character in the eyes of the people who read the first book, enough to become a regular cast member with his own Day in the Limelight story coming this year.
- Genre Savvy: Kamui again.
- Heel-Face Turn: Belial gets one near the end of the book.
- It Was His Sled: Tenoh is not a myth.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- :Our Werewolves Are Different
- Passing the Torch: Seiya to Kamui, Kamui to Jack Swallow
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Most of Seiya's crew, only want to sing. Subverted during their Bad Ass funeral service
- Shout-Out: Many, including the line "You almost became a Johnny Sandwich."
- Took a Level in Badass: Poor Ethan...
- Unfazed Everyman: Johnny, complete with towel.