Literature: Spes Phthisica
Spes Phthisica is a story of humanity's futures told in scraps and fragments, as if from bits of documents recovered after a great spance of time. It is eventually planned to include a time span of tens of thousands of years and several alternate timelines, but currently is just beginning.Helen is an artist of the late 1850s, suffering a severe case of tuberculosis. She has recently begun to receive strange dreams of the distant future, perhaps some sort of message...can be found at http://spesphthisica.blogspot.comSpes Phthisica includes the following tropes:
- Dreaming of Things to Come
- Ice World / Grim Up North : The future seen in Helen's foretelling dreams, an iced-over future Earth where the Sun has dimmed dramatically.
- Mental Time Travel: Information (dreams, visions, images, messages) can travel back in time, but matter can't conservation of mass, and all...)
- The Night That Never Ends
- True Art Is Angsty : Helen's art only becomes popular when the dead landscapes of her dreams start entering into it
- Weird Moon : Huge, dim and reddish in the future, due to the dimmer sunlight and its being closer to the Earth