Literature: Run, Turkey, Run!
Run, Turkey, Run!
is a children's book written by Diane Mayr, and illustrated by Laura Rader.
With Thanksgiving only one day away, can Turkey find a place to hide from the farmer, who's looking for a plump bird for his family feast? Maybe he can hide with the pigs... or the ducks... or the horses... Uh-oh! Here comes the farmer! Run, Turkey, run!
This series provides examples of:
- Animal Talk: All of the farm animals can speak.
- Ax-Crazy: The Farmer.
- Book Ends: The final line of the book is: Run, Turkey, Run!.
- Catch Phrase: "Run, Turkey, Run!"
- Cliff Hanger: We are left with no conclusion as to whether or not the Turkey is caught or eaten for Christmas dinner.
- Creepy Child: The farmer's children.
- Distressed Dude: The farmer, when he and his family have to eat grilled cheese sandwiches for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Turkey.
- Gainax Ending: See Cliff Hanger.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The entire premise of the book is about a man trying to catch, kill, and eat the protagonist: Turkey.
- Idiot Hero: The main character, Turkey, is shown to be exceedingly stupid as he tries and hides from the Farmer.
- In-Joke: Delta Program. Awwwwh yeah.
- The Kids Are American: The farmer's children. ...It's Thanksgiving, after all.
- Off with His Head!: This is the Turkey's fate.