It was just another ordinary day at McKinley High—until a massive explosion devastated the school. When loner David Thorpe tried to help his English teacher to safety, the teacher convulsed and died right in front of him. And that was just the beginning.A year later, McKinley has descended into chaos. All the students are infected with a virus that makes them deadly to adults. The school is under military quarantine. The teachers are gone. Violent gangs have formed based on high school social cliques. Without a gang, you’re as good as dead. And David has no gang. It’s just him and his little brother, Will, against the whole school.
Provides Examples Of
- Alpha Bitch: The Pretty Ones.
- Bad Ass: Gonzala.
- Big Eater: Sam to the point of where he'd kill for food.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The hair colors clue in to what clique someone is in.
- Camp Gay: Zachary. Lampshaded by Will
- Deadpan Snarker: David at times.
- Five-Man Band:
- Heel-Face Turn: Violent and Zachary
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Hilary in spades.
- Jerk Jock: All of Varsity.
- The Sociopath: Sam, full stop.
- Really Gets Around: They're called The Sluts for a reason...