Pure Again is a short piece of Interactive Fiction by Kevin McGowan. It deals with trans themes in a science fiction/magic realism setting.
Pure Again contains examples of:
- Ascetic Aesthetic: Mentioned at the start, then averted in favour of Used Future and Men Can't Keep House.
- Author Appeal: The author is a real-life transsexual, after all.
- Dream Sequence
- Easy Sex Change: Deconstructed.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Voluntarily.
- Gender Bender: A voluntary example, combined with "Freaky Friday" Flip.
- Gender-Blender Name: Kipper, with good reason.
- Magic Realism
- Men Can't Keep House: Certainly true of the witch doctor, though not necessarily because he's a man.
- Mohs Scale of Science Fiction Hardness: Level 2, World Of Phlebotinum. There's internal consistency, but it's decidedly not grounded in realistic science.
- Oop North: The dialogue is peppered with Scouse slang.
- Second-Person Narration: As is typical of interactive fiction.
- Transsexual: Two of them, in fact.
- 20 Minutes into the Future
- Urban Fantasy
- Used Future
- Witch Doctor: Sort of. The character named 'the witch doctor' doesn't actually fit the trope description.