Promotional image for one of the books in the series. Yes, really.
A series of novels written by white nationalist Harold A. Covington. In the series of books, a bunch of white separatists who refer to themselves as the Northwest Volunteer Army (NVA) launch an insurgency against the United States federal government and establish a Northwest American Republic (NAR) which eventually governs "the entire states of Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming as well as hefty chunks of Northern California, western Montana, Alberta, British Columbia and Alaska".
Provides examples of:
- Bury Your Gays: Gays are one of those killed by the NVA and NAR.
- The Conspiracy: The Jews in connection to old British money are responsible for the state of the world and its decadence.
- Crapsack World: The US is portrayed as such, and the general outlook of people in this world, racist or not, regardless of faction is that the US is in a state of economic decline.
- Dragon Lady: RaBang Miller, a Filipino prostitute who becomes an FBI Agent via manipulation (read: sleeping her way to power).
- Death Ray: The NAR builds Death Rays to shoot down aircraft to deny air cover to their enemies.
- The Empire: The United States is portrayed as such by the NVA.
- Harmless Villain: The federal government is incompetent in its suppression of the rebellion and is heavy-handed which gives the rebels more support.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Kicky (Christina McGee), who becomes a snitch in order to protect her daughter.
- La Résistance: The NVA is portrayed as one. The NVA fought against loyalist militias as well as anti-NVA groups in some cases.
- Mad Scientist, Absent-Minded Professor: There are several of these; most of them shown are NVA.
- Mexico Called; They Want Texas Back: A Hispanic group translated into English as "The Vanguard of the Race" begins to rebel against the United States after the White Nationalists establish their Northwest Republic. Also stated is that the blacks will attempt to establish New Afrika, Quebecois will secede and all manner of secessionists would begin their clamor after the Federal Government admits in all but name that the Northwest Republic is free.
- Politically Incorrect Hero: The White nationalists shoot ALL "non-whites" - including Jews - within their territory on sight. How they would negotiate with the rump federal state seems to bring up odd questions. They also kill any non-white POWs on sight. Also they kill gays. The Palestinian Diplomatic Delegation are the only non-whites allowed in the Northwest American Republic, as the Palestinians were victims of Israel and their struggle brought them respect by the NAR.
- The Purge: The NVA kills "non-whites" which they include Jews as, homosexuals, "race-mixers" and other "enemies of the white race".
- Putting on the Reich: The military uniforms of the NAR are intentionally evocative of Nazi Germany. Swastikas and all.
- Shown Their Work: Information on IP addresses, electromagnetic fields, random social theories.
- Spicy Latina: Elena Martinez of Portland Police Department's Hate Crimes Division. She uses that trait to seduce white men for political favor.
- Un-Person: The loyalists, racemixers, etc. who stayed behind and were killed had this happen to them.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: The federal government considers the NVA to be terrorist racists (which they -are- as admitted in the novel) while the NVA and their supporters consider the Federal government to be an imperialist multi-racial empire (which it IS in the novel)
- To be fair, the United States, both de jure (and increasingly, though not by any means completely) de facto embraces all ethnicities equally, is an empire by the common definition that it encompasses multiple cultural groups under the same rule (It would be hard to argue that there are NOT cultural differences between, a Texan, a New Englander, and a Cascadian), and is imperialistic in that much of it's foreign policy revolves around establishing hegemony in other countries, occasionally through force of arms. They've got those particular facts right. It's just weird that they think this is necessarily bad.