Literature: Muddle Earth Stewart
Muddle Earth is a book by Paul Stewart.An ordinary Earth boy, Joe Jefferson, is suddenly transported into Muddle Earth by Randalf the Wise. Summoned for the sole purpose of being a warrior hero, Joe must face formidable opponents such as sheep-squeezing ogres and treasure-hoarding dragons. He soon finds that the only way to get to the home he once loved is to defeat the evil Mr Cuddles, who has stolen all of the spell books.Not to be confused with the SF novel Muddle Earth by John Brunner.
Tropes used in Muddle Earth:
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: The ogres, who love their soft blankets.
- Catch Phrases: "Shut up, Veronica!"
- "Trust me, I'm a wizard."
- Deadpan Snarker: Veronica.
- Head Pet: Veronica the budgie. Subverted in that she hates being one, and would rather live in a nice cage.
- Improvised Armor: Joe's armour.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Randalf the Wise.