Literature: Moonkid and Liberty
Moonkid and Liberty is a YA book by Paul Kropp about the children of a hippie couple in a difficult time. Liberty decides one day she has enough of it and wants to join the popular kids instead. Ian thinks differently. Conflicts ensue.
- Bourgeois Bohemian: Their mother was a hippie, but when they meet her again after years, she has become a successful yuppie.
- The Bully: "Missing link"
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Ian, big time. He likes to imagine that he's really an alien from a planet where all people only have four fingers. Oh, and the women there all have big breasts, because he noticed that this look is appealing to him.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Moonkid" for Ian, because his second name is Callisto, like one of Jupiter's moons. (Which is a girl's name in Greek.) He retaliates by calling the guy who invented the name "missing link".
- I Just Want To Be Popular: Libby
- Not So Different: Ian and his only friend from school lead the bully and his buddies into a trap. When Ian has real power over the bully for the first time, he notices (to his shock) that he likes it somehow.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Hippies, of course