Literature: Land of the Lawn Weenies
A compilation of short stories by David Lubar. The title of the book comes from one of the short stories featured inside—all of which are childrens' horror stories, some of which are quite...disturbing.Several compilations following this were called ''The Invasion of the Road Weenies," "The Curse of the Campfire Weenies," "Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies," "Attack of the Vampire Weenies," and "Beware the Ninja weenies".
This work provides examples of:
- Adult Fear
- And I Must Scream
- Batman Gambit: sometimes used by a main character. Sometimes by someone else.
- Body Horror
- Creepy Child
- Exact Words: In the titular story, the protagonist says that his family isn't a "typical" one... it's his mom that's brainwashed, not his dad like most families.
- Fate Worse Than Death
- Foregone Conclusion
- I'm a Humanitarian
- Infant Immortality: Very rarely played straight and usually averted.
- Primal Fear
- Our Werewolves Are Different
- Our Vampires Are Different: played different ways depending on the story.
- Transformation Trauma
- Twist Ending