That's natural, children.
"The following are the entries of a blog that is constantly updated. The blog seems to talk about a show called "Happy Appy"."Happy Appy
—The opening sentence of the story.
is a Creepypasta
about a man named Gerasim Yakovlev who discovers a lost Nick Jr.
series. At first, it seems normal; Happy Appy is an apple who goes around healing kids who get injured. After a couple of episodes, it gets progressively worse and worse
. The final (televised) episode has an uncanny resemblance to 9/11, that shows two towers burning up, a plane stuck in one tower, and a kid being crushed by debris. After watching the first 10 episodes, the blogger is stalked by a creature he dubs 'Forenzik
Has a character page here
, and you can read it here
Happy Appy has three sequels; Fright House Screamers
, which documents on a show oftenly referenced in the pasta, and Forenzik
, which is a biography on Forenzik himself, and also contains the Forenzik Journals, which is so far only on the Happy Appy Wiki. The third sequel, titled Dumb Angel
, takes place months after the original story, where Gerasim encounters Forenzik again. It is best to read Happy Appy first, as the three stories contain spoilers.
This creepypasta provides examples of:
- Abandoned Area: There's a lot of them in the story, including the studio, which almost burned to the ground but is still standing (until Forenzik destroys it), and the summer camp, where Forenzik is living.
- All There In The Rough Drafts: The rough drafts of Happy Appy reveal quite a few things not added, like Kevin Costo's middle name (Seward) and Gerasim's original name (Rodger Forstner), as well as what happened to the kids when they watched "The Towers". It also revealed the original name for the director of the show, Tristen Yap.
- The wiki contains the full names and birthdates of minor characters.
- Amazing Freaking Grace: Present in the Happy Appy episodes "Hospital Doctor" and "Happy and the Demolition Derby".
- Bloodier and Gorier: Every episode in the series gets more disturbing than the last.
- Breather Episode: "Happy and the Rhubears" can be considered one, wedged between "The Happy Appy Movie" and "Camp Aaah!" In fact, Gerasim actually thought the episode was one from Season 1 that was accidently marked as one from Season 2.
- Car Fu: In "Mean Miranda", Happy says "Bully one more kid, and you will get a surprise." Miranda bullies a kid, and Happy gets into his van and runs her over. It doesn't kill her, however. She is seen healing from her wounds in "Happy Goes to the Circus". There's also the time when Gerasim hits Forenzik with his car.
- Character Title
- Christmas Episode: "Happy Happy Christmas".
- Cool Mask: Forenzik has a gas mask with Happy Appy's smile painted on it.
- Cross Over: "Happy Meets The Rhubears".
- Dead Guy on Display: Forenzik's 'trophies'.
- Death Is Cheap: Within the show, Happy is killed several times, but except the last time, he's either revived by somebody else, or just reforms himself with no explanation as to how.
- Don't Go in the Woods: You shouldn't. Seriously, you really shouldn't go into the woods. The blogger does go there, and finds the bodies of Kevin Costo, Blair Meyes and Miranda.
- Door Stopper: The entire series is very, very long. If every canon story was added together, including the Forenzik Journals, The Insane Man, and Happy's Fun Riot, it would equal 398,273 bytes. Also, if they were all on a single page for whatever reason, it would be the second longest page on the Creepypasta Wiki, only being beaten by "Fuck the 2/19th".
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: This happens a lot in the pasta, like Happy Appy and "Mean Miranda", to mention two.
- Expository Theme Tune: All three incarnations of the theme song has diffrent lyrics, but the same message; Happy 'helps' children.
Theme for Season 1 and 2 (minus Hospital Doctor):
Happy Appy Appy App,
Happy App, Happy App
Happy Appy Appy App,
he helps kids all day!
"Hospital Doctor" Theme:
Happy Appy helps those kids,
Appy App, Appy App,
Happy Appy Appy Appy,
Happy Appy Appy!
Season 3 Theme (not used in The True Vision):
Yo, there's a apple who's a yapple who loves to help
Then there's these kids that want him to go to hell
Ooooh, Happy Appy,
Aaaaaah, Happy Appy,
HE LOVES TO HELP!
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: In The True Vision, one of the images Forenzik places on the blogger's computer is a gif of Happy Appy holding a knife saying "That's natural children" For a single frame, Happy Appy has blood all over him and his knife.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: "Happy Happy Christmas" ends with Danny screaming, "DARN YOU HAPPY!" For obvious reasons, this was changed in The True Vision.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: The Golden Apple in "Happy Appy: Quest for the Golden Apple" gets one, and is quoted as being "shriveled up to an almost sickening shape".
- Humanoid Abomination: Forenzik.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Forenzik and his Followers are this in the True Vision.
- Infant Immortality: Averted, as Happy Appy kills loads of kids, although it's thankfully off-screen. It's averted more in Forenzik, a Bigger Help (an episode in the True Vision), where Forenzik murders a kid in the most horrifying way possible.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Not many copies survive of the episodes of Happy Appy. In fact, there is only one clip of Happy Appy on YouTube, and it's the 'Classroom' episode.
- Long-Lost Relative: At the end of the story, it's revealed that Freddrick Gorgote is related to Gerasim. It's expanded more in "Forenzik".
- Meaningful Name: Happy Appy. He is a happy apple.
- Multiple Endings: Happy Appy and the Quest for the Golden Apple has three endings: the Bad Ending, where Happy Appy eats the apple and dies, the Normal Ending, where the Golden Apple works half the time it should, and the Good Ending, where the Golden Apple can heal anybody.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Forenzik. In chronological order, Forenzik had the abandoned studio collapse on him, got hit with a car, and had his arm chopped off. And yet he somehow comes back every time. When Freddrick Gorgote dies, it's revealed why he keeps coming back: Freddrick had a bunch of followers that would act as Forenzik to make Freddrick seem like he was immortal.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Surprisingly averted. This is mostly notable enough to list because it's quite a departure from other Creepypasta, which tend to thrive on this trope. Pretty much all of the horror is either descriptions of Gorn that's thrown at you or Forenzik quite openly stalking Gerasim.
- Obvious Beta: "Happy Appy: Quest for the Golden Apple" is an very early beta.
- Pyro Maniac: Happy Appy is this in "Lighter".
- Re Cut: After Dronian retconned Happy Appy and finalized it, people started to make 'sequels' to Happy Appy. Eventually, someone made a wiki so everyone could post their sequels on it. Dronian then published two pages that were a recut of Happy Appy; Happy Appy: The Missing Blog Posts, which published unused blog posts and paragraphs, and Happy Appy: The True Vision, which is just HA: TMBP added to the Happy Appy you see on the Creepypasta Wiki. Eventually, it ended up becoming an entire overhaul of the story. It adds more explanation to the story (like how Gerasim wants to expose Happy Appy, and a more detailed replay of Happy Appy and the Golden Apple), as well as taking out a lot of the narm found in the story. It also extends and adds detail to some scenes. On January 30th, 2013, the True Vision was finally uploaded to the Creepypasta Wiki. After July 4th, 2012, the True Vision can be split up into three major updates.
- The first major update happened on November 16th, 2012. Not only did it remove even more narm and plot-holes, but it also heavily extended the September 12th, 2011 scene and changed Blair Meyes' name back to Trestan Yae again. Dronian says that this is the one from the "Happy Appy Collection". Later updates merged Seasons 2 and 3 together, and extends some posts, including the one with "The Towers".
- A second major update happened during the first 25 days of Christmas. It improved some of the inconsistencies in the story, and added some more details. The final major update, known as The Extended Edition, added a lot of details to the story, such as Gerasim having seen Happy Appy when he was younger, and Gerasim and Freddrick being step-brothers.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Forenzik's gas mask has red eyes.
- Retcon: The original story had a big retcon when Dronian was forced to finish the pasta.
- Revised Ending: The original story featured a final battle between Gerasim and Forenzik. In The True Vision, the encounter is far more psychological, culminating with Forenzik having a My God, What Have I Done? moment and killing himself.
- Rule of Three: There's the three seasons in both Happy Appy and the True Vision (if Dumb Angel is counted), the three fragments on June 17th, the three theme songs, and the three sequels (Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals are considered to be one pasta) to name a few.
- Schiff One-Liner: "That's natural, children."
- Serial Killer: Forenzik and his followers.
- Sound-Only Death: Quite a few of the murder scenes in the TV show follow this trope.
- Space Episode: "Happy in Space".
- Stylistic Suck: As it's a journal, it is poorly written in many areas, especially action scenes.
- Subverted Kids Show: The TV show starts out rather nice and sweet (although it has some out of place objects), and soon turns very dark. At the end of the pasta (as well as the entirity of Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals), it's revealed why the show turned so dark: The director (Freddrick Gorgote) made the employees create a joke episode which became The Towers. After that, he managed to broadcast the episode on Nickelodeon, leading to its end on Nick Jr. After that, he made new episodes to fill his original intent of Happy Appy; making a snuff TV series.
- Symbolic Blood: Any fruit puppet in Happy Appy, if injured, bleed juice, which depends on what kind of fruit it is (Happy bleeds apple juice, the Oranges bleed orange juice, and Derry Berry bleeds blackberry juice).
- The Wiki Rule: There's a wiki on the pasta.
- Theme Tune Cameo: The Theme Tune can be heard playing from the van's radio in every episode.
- Vacation Episode: "Happy's Vacation".
Fright House Screamers demonstrates these tropes:
- Abandoned Hospital: Their final episode takes place in a unknown asylum, where one of the cast members dies because of Freddrick Gorgote.
- Haunted House
- Immediate Sequel: Fright House Screamers takes place 9 days after the end of Happy Appy.
Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals demonstrates these tropes:
- Diary: The Forenzik Journals.
- P.O.V. Sequel: The Forenzik Journals, with Page 9 onwards covering Forenzik's actions during the events of the original story.
- Prequel: Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals documents his life all the way to when he kills Kevin Costo.
Happy Appy 2: Dumb Angel demonstrates these tropes:
- Abandoned Warehouse: The Otis Lenz Factory.
- Bad Humor Truck: In "Happy's Parlor", Happy Appy tries to kidnap and murder children by disguising his van as an ice cream truck.
- Happy Ending Override: This one is much darker, with Freddrick now STALKING Gerasim rather then trying to kill him right away. Gerasim is showing signs of going insane, with him randomly noting how terrible his life is at that point. Also, now Freddrick and his followers are attacking his hometown, and in the latest post, it is shown that in the second movie, several children were kidnapped and murdered for the sake of a one hour movie.
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo: Happy Appy 2: Dumb Angel plays this trope straight.
- Production Nickname: It is revealed that Season 2 was called the "Sad Happy Pincushion Show", and Season 3 was "A Fun Time with a Sad Apple".
- Sequel Escalation: Freddrick has many more followers this time, and is more bloodthirsty than in Happy Appy. Gerasim is angrier, and apparently much more of a badass then last time.
- Sequel Hook: Although the police had tracked down Fort Forenzik and arrested half of the Foreznik Clan, Freddrick himself and his top followers are still at large. Furthermore, Gerasim still has yet to finish the second Happy Appy movie, and Freddrick has plans for a fourth season of Happy Appy, with its first episode titled "Happy's Fun Riot".
- Shoot the Messenger: When Toird warns Gerasim of his fate if he keeps researching into Happy Appy, Gerasim shoots him with a revolver.
- Shout-Out: When Gerasim goes to Y0utub3 (a ripoff of YouTube created by Freddrick), he talks about the videos on the website. Some videos were interviews of women, and one was an amputee breakdancing on a mat, referencing the popular creepypasta "Normal Porn for Normal People".
- Theme Tune Extended: In this story, the original production reel for the show was discovered, which had an extended theme tune.
Happy Appy Appy Ap,
Appy ap, Appy ap!
Happy Appy Appy Ap,
He helps kids all day.
He was born in Washington,
in the Keith Apple Farm!
He got a degree in caretaking,
From Apple University!
Happy Appy likes to help,
yes he does, yes he does!
Happy Appy wants to help
every single child now!