"The following are the entries of a blog that is constantly updated. The blog seems to talk about a show called "Happy Appy"."Happy Appy is a Creepypasta about a man named Gerasim Yakovlev who discovers a lost Nick Jr. series. At first, it seems normal; Happy Appy is an apple who goes around healing kids who get injured. After a couple of episodes, it gets progressively worse and worse. The final (televised) episode has an uncanny resemblance to 9/11, that shows two towers burning up, a plane stuck in one tower, and a kid being crushed by debris. After watching the first 10 episodes, the blogger is stalked by a creature he dubs 'Forenzik'.Has a character page here, and you can read it here.Happy Appy has three sequels; Fright House Screamers, which documents on a show oftenly referenced in the pasta, and Forenzik, which is a biography on Forenzik himself, and also contains the Forenzik Journals, which is so far only on the Happy Appy Wiki. The third sequel, titled Dumb Angel, takes place months after the original story, where Gerasim encounters Forenzik again. It is best to read Happy Appy first, as the three stories contain spoilers.It has recently come to light that this whole Creepypasta series was intentionally meant to be the worst Creepypasta series ever made.
—The opening sentence of the story.
This creepypasta provides examples of:
- Abandoned Area: There's a lot of them in the story, including the studio, which almost burned to the ground but is still standing (until Forenzik destroys it), and the summer camp, where Forenzik is living.
- All There In The Rough Drafts: The rough drafts of Happy Appy reveal quite a few things not added, like Kevin Costo's middle name (Seward) and Gerasim's original name (Rodger Forstner), as well as what happened to the kids when they watched "The Towers". It also revealed the original name for the director of the show, Tristen Yap.
- The wiki contains the full names and birthdates of minor characters.
- Amazing Freaking Grace: Present in the Happy Appy episodes "Hospital Doctor" and "Happy and the Demolition Derby".
- Anthropomorphic Food: Happy Appy.
- Ax-Crazy: Happy Appy becomes this as the show goes on. Forenzik and his Followers also qualify.
- Big Bad: Freddrick Gorgote, the man who made Happy Appy and orchestrated the killings of dozens of people in the course of making his demented show.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Every episode in the series gets more disturbing than the last.
- Breather Episode: "Happy and the Rhubears" can be considered one, wedged between "The Happy Appy Movie" and "Camp Aaah!" In fact, Gerasim actually thought the episode was one from Season 1 that was accidently marked as one from Season 2.
- The Call Knows Where You Live: Forenzik burns Gerasim's house down.
- Car Fu: In "Mean Miranda", Happy says "Bully one more kid, and you will get a surprise." Miranda bullies a kid, and Happy gets into his van and runs her over. It doesn't kill her, however. She is seen healing from her wounds in "Happy Goes to the Circus". There's also the time when Gerasim hits Forenzik with his car.
- Character Title: Happy Appy.
- Christmas Episode: "Happy Happy Christmas".
- Crossover: "Happy Meets The Rhubears".
- Dead Guy on Display: Forenzik's 'trophies'.
- Death Is Cheap: Within the show, Happy is killed several times, but except the last time, he's either revived by somebody else, or just reforms himself with no explanation as to how.
- Don't Go in the Woods: You shouldn't. Seriously, you really shouldn't go into the woods. The blogger does go there, and finds the bodies of Kevin Costo, Blair Meyes and Miranda, along with Forenzik, who tries to kill him.
- Door Stopper: The entire series is very, very long. If every canon story was added together, including the Forenzik Journals, The Insane Man, and Happy's Fun Riot, it would equal 398,273 bytes. Also, if they were all on a single page for whatever reason, it would be the second longest page on the Creepypasta Wiki, only being beaten by "Fuck the 2/19th".
- Driven to Suicide: Freddrick Gorgote dies this way.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: This happens a lot in the pasta, like Happy Appy and "Mean Miranda", to mention two.
- Expository Theme Tune: All three incarnations of the theme song have different lyrics, but the same message: Happy 'helps' children.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: In The True Vision, one of the images Forenzik places on the blogger's computer is a gif of Happy Appy holding a knife saying "That's natural children". For a single frame, Happy Appy has blood all over him and his knife.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Occasionally happens in the show when Happy is murdering a kid.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: "Happy Happy Christmas" ends with Danny screaming "DARN YOU HAPPY!" For obvious reasons, this was changed in The True Vision.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: The Golden Apple in "Happy Appy: Quest for the Golden Apple" gets one, and is quoted as being "shriveled up to an almost sickening shape".
- Hostile Show Takeover: Forenzik writes a few entries on the blog by hacking into the account.
- Humanoid Abomination: Forenzik is believed to be this at first.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Forenzik and his Followers are this in the True Vision.
- Infant Immortality: Averted, as Happy Appy kills loads of kids, although it's largely off-screen. It's averted more in Forenzik, a Bigger Help (an episode in the True Vision), where Forenzik murders a kid in the most horrifying way possible.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: A rare in-universe example. Not many copies survive of the episodes of Happy Appy. In fact, there is only one clip of Happy Appy on YouTube, and it's the 'Classroom' episode.
- Knife Nut: Happy loves his knives.
- Kubrick Stare: Happy himself cracks a few of these over the course of the show.
- Long-Lost Relative: At the end of the story, it's revealed that Freddrick Gorgote is related to Gerasim. It's expanded more in "Forenzik".
- Malevolent Masked Men: Forenzik has a gas mask with Happy Appy's smile painted on it.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: The many times where Happy Appy "predicts" a major disaster, like the 9/11 terror attacks or the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Are they random coincidences or have a more supernatural explanation?
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Averted with Forenzik. He acts just as evil in real life as he does on his show.
- Meaningful Name: Happy Appy. He is a happy apple.
- Later becomes a Non-Indicative Name when the show becomes more gruesome and deranged.
- Multiple Endings: Happy Appy and the Quest for the Golden Apple has three endings: the Bad Ending, where Happy Appy eats the apple and dies, the Normal Ending, where the Golden Apple works half the time it should, and the Good Ending, where the Golden Apple can heal anybody.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Freddrick has this, causing him to be Driven to Suicide.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Forenzik. In chronological order, Forenzik had the abandoned studio collapse on him, got hit with a car, and had his arm chopped off. And yet he somehow comes back every time. When Freddrick Gorgote dies, it's revealed why he keeps coming back: Freddrick had a bunch of followers that would act as Forenzik to make Freddrick seem like he was immortal.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Surprisingly averted. This is mostly notable enough to list because it's quite a departure from other Creepypasta, which tend to thrive on this trope. Pretty much all of the horror is either descriptions of Gorn that's thrown at you or Forenzik quite openly stalking Gerasim.
- Obvious Beta: "Happy Appy: Quest for the Golden Apple" is a very early beta.
- Pyro Maniac: Happy Appy is this in "Lighter".
- Re Cut: After Dronian retconned Happy Appy and finalized it, people started to make 'sequels' to Happy Appy. Eventually, someone made a wiki so everyone could post their sequels on it. Dronian then published two pages that were a recut of Happy Appy: Happy Appy: The Missing Blog Posts, which published unused blog posts and paragraphs, and Happy Appy: The True Vision, which is just HA: TMBP added to the Happy Appy you see on the Creepypasta Wiki. Eventually, it ended up becoming an entire overhaul of the story. It adds more explanation to the story (like how Gerasim wants to expose Happy Appy, and a more detailed replay of Happy Appy and the Golden Apple), as well as taking out a lot of the narm found in the story. It also extends and adds detail to some scenes. On January 30th, 2013, the True Vision was finally uploaded to the Creepypasta Wiki. After July 4th, 2012, the True Vision can be split up into three major updates.
- The first major update happened on November 16th, 2012. Not only did it remove even more narm and plot-holes, but it also heavily extended the September 12th, 2011 scene and changed Blair Meyes' name back to Trestan Yae again. Dronian says that this is the one from the "Happy Appy Collection". Later updates merged Seasons 2 and 3 together, and extended some posts, including the one with "The Towers".
- A second major update happened during the first 25 days of Christmas. It improved some of the inconsistencies in the story, and added some more details. The final major update, known as The Extended Edition, added a lot of details to the story, such as Gerasim having seen Happy Appy when he was younger, and Gerasim and Freddrick being step-brothers.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Forenzik's gas mask has red eyes.
- Retcon: The original story had a big retcon when Dronian was forced to finish the pasta.
- The Reveal: Forenzik is more than one person.
- Revised Ending: The original story featured a final battle between Gerasim and Forenzik. In The True Vision, the encounter is far more psychological, culminating with Forenzik having a My God, What Have I Done? moment and killing himself.
- Rule of Three: There's the three seasons in both Happy Appy and the True Vision (if Dumb Angel is counted), the three fragments on June 17th, the three theme songs, and the three sequels (Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals are considered to be one pasta) to name a few.
- Schiff One-Liner: "That's natural, children."
- Serial Killer: Forenzik and his followers.
- Show Within a Show: The titular Happy Appy is a show that used to run on Nick Jr.
- Slasher Smile / Psychotic Smirk: Happy does it all the time; he's rarely seen not smiling, even while he's killing kids.
- Sound-Only Death: Quite a few of the murder scenes in the TV show follow this trope.
- Snuff Film: The Happy Appy show contains realistic murder scenes as the show goes on,
- Space Episode: "Happy in Space".
- Special Effect Failure: Happy Appy has horrible special effects in-universe. For one, when the puppet talks, its mouth doesn't move at all. Also, the backgrounds are painfully fake, and the puppet's arms flail about randomly. But probably the worst example of this trope is the first half of the circus act in "Happy Goes to the Circus".
- Split Personality: Freddrick Gorgote has one in the form of Forenzik.
- Stylistic Suck: As it's a journal, it is poorly written in many areas, especially action scenes.
- Subverted Kids Show: The TV show starts out rather nice and sweet (although it has some out of place objects), and soon turns very dark. At the end of the pasta (as well as the entirity of Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals), it's revealed why the show turned so dark: The director (Freddrick Gorgote) made the employees create a joke episode which became The Towers. After that, he managed to broadcast the episode on Nickelodeon, leading to its end on Nick Jr. After that, he made new episodes to fill his original intent of Happy Appy: making a snuff TV series.
- Symbolic Blood: Any fruit puppet in Happy Appy, if injured, bleed juice, which depends on what kind of fruit it is (Happy bleeds apple juice, the Oranges bleed orange juice, and Derry Berry bleeds blackberry juice).
- The Wiki Rule: There's a wiki on the pasta.
- Would Hurt a Child: Happy Appy and Forenzik both kill kids in large numbers.
- Theme Tune Cameo: The Theme Tune can be heard playing from the van's radio in every episode.
- Vacation Episode: "Happy's Vacation".
- Villain Protagonist: Happy Appy (the show, not the pasta itself) degenerates into this as the show goes on.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Forenzik.
Fright House Screamers demonstrates these tropes:
- Abandoned Hospital: Their final episode takes place in a unknown asylum, where one of the cast members dies because of Freddrick Gorgote.
- Haunted House: The premise of the show.
- Immediate Sequel: Fright House Screamers takes place 9 days after the end of Happy Appy.
Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals demonstrates these tropes:
- Diary: The Forenzik Journals.
- Freudian Excuse: Freddrick lost both of his parents at a young age, explaining how he developed his Split Personality.
- P.O.V. Sequel: The Forenzik Journals, with Page 9 onwards covering Forenzik's actions during the events of the original story.
- Letter Bomb: Freddrick bombs the offices of Nickelodeon using one of these.
- Prequel: Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals documents his life all the way to when he kills Kevin Costo.
- Sanity Slippage: Forenzik's slow decent into madness is documented in both Forenzik and the Forenzik Journals.
Happy Appy 2: Dumb Angel demonstrates these tropes:
- Abandoned Warehouse: The Otis Lenz Factory.
- Bad Humor Truck: In "Happy's Parlor", Happy Appy tries to kidnap and murder children by disguising his van as an ice cream truck.
- Bittersweet Ending: Gerasim rescues his brother, but Freddrick and a good number of his Followers are still at large.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Gerasim's brother is subjected to this, as are many of Freddrick's victims.
- Darker and Edgier: See Sequel Escalation below.
- Despair Event Horizon: Gerasim hits this soon after his brother is kidnapped, getting drunk and ranting online.
- Do Not Adjust Your Set: Several episodes of Happy Appy are broadcasted on Nick Jr after Forenzik manages to hack into the network.
- Happy Ending Override: This one is much darker, with the revelation that Freddrick faked his death at the end of the previous installment. Gerasim is showing signs of becoming depressed, with him randomly noting how terrible his life is at that point. Also, now Freddrick and his followers are attacking his hometown, and in the latest post, it is shown that in the second movie, several children were kidnapped and murdered for the sake of a one hour movie.
- Historical In-Joke: Discussed; Gerasim wonders if the Sandy Hook shooting was motivated by Freddrick and his Followers.
- It's Personal: Freddrick kidnaps and tortures Gerasim's brother, Vladimir.
- Murder.com / New Media Are Evil: Freddrick runs a Youtube knockoff called "Y0utub 3", where he post videos of murder, torture, rape, and other depraved actions.
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo: Happy Appy 2: Dumb Angel plays this trope straight.
- Production Nickname: It is revealed that Season 2 was called the "Sad Happy Pincushion Show", and Season 3 was "A Fun Time with a Sad Apple".
- Sequel Escalation: Freddrick has many more followers this time, and is more bloodthirsty than in Happy Appy. Gerasim is angrier, and apparently much more of a badass than last time.
- Sequel Hook: Although the police had tracked down Fort Forenzik and arrested half of the Foreznik Clan, Freddrick himself and his top followers are still at large. Furthermore, Gerasim still has yet to finish the second Happy Appy movie, and Freddrick has plans for a fourth season of Happy Appy, with its first episode titled "Happy's Fun Riot".
- Shoot the Messenger: When Toird warns Gerasim of his fate if he keeps researching into Happy Appy, Gerasim shoots him with a revolver.
- Shout-Out: When Gerasim goes to Y0utub 3 (a ripoff of YouTube created by Freddrick), he talks about the videos on the website. Some videos were interviews of women, and one was an amputee breakdancing on a mat, referencing the popular creepypasta "Normal Porn for Normal People".
- Theme Tune Extended: In this story, the original production reel for the show was discovered, which had an extended theme tune.Happy Appy Appy Ap,
Appy ap, Appy ap!
Happy Appy Appy Ap,
He helps kids all day.
He was born in Washington,
in the Keith Apple Farm!
He got a degree in caretaking,
From Apple University!
Happy Appy likes to help,
yes he does, yes he does!
Happy Appy wants to help
every single child now!