Glass is a novel in the works by As The Anointed, detailing the travels of the space pirate ship Pangaea and its eccentric captain, all through the eyes of the ordinary slacker Benji.Captain Isaac Lamarck III is an adventurer, a fighter, a dreamer and an exquisite chef who dreams of reaching the centre of the universe. But when he accepts a bounty on the head of a notoriously unfettered pirate named The Liar, he is drawn into a conflict that will question his ideals, his goals and his very identity.Samples can now be found here: http://entertheham.deviantart.com/
Tropes found in Glass:
- A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far Far Away...: Though only a glimpse of it has been shown, this is how the overall setting works.
- Author Appeal: Quite extensive, given that the early concept was simply a 'you know what would be badass? thought. As it stands, the very setting brims with all of the author's favourite sci-fi elements, there's a wealth of elaborate, idealistic speeches, the main character is an obnoxiously upper-class space pirate, and the imagery of blazing celestial bodies is emphasized throughout.
- Cool Starship: Averted by the Pangaea, which is simply a hijacked cargo vessel.
- Glove Slap: Isaac pulls one on an alien dictator to announce his duel challenge.
- ISO Standard Human Spaceship: The Pangaea has quite a few elements of the second type.
- Large Ham: Isaac.
- Overly Long Name: Captain Isaac Saul-Sanderson Leonardo Alphonso Rodrigo Lamarck III!
- The Engineer: Shiro.
- The Hero: Isaac.
- Space Opera: In setting, though perhaps not in scale.
- Space Pirates: The initial premise.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: The very core of Isaac's character.