A horror novel by Stephen King
. The setup is rather High Concept
— during a bondage game proposed by husband Gerald, things go south. Gerald himself ends up dead, and protagonist Jessie Burlingame finds herself in a whole heap of trouble when she's still handcuffed to the bed.Definitely not to be confused with Geri's Game
But you said these tropes sounded like fun:
- Better Than Sex: When Jessie finally gets rid of the handcuffs, she feels ecstatic, and thinks that if sex was even half this good, people would be doing it on every street corner.
- Bondage Is Bad: Surprisingly averted; it's the motivation that can be bad, yes, but not the act itself. Of course, you probably won't want to run off and play with some handcuffs right after reading this.
- Chained to a Bed
- Daddy's Girl: Jessie was like this... until her father sexually molested her.
- Hearing Voices
- Parental Incest: And not just confined to backstory either. No, King tackles this ugliness head on.
- Looks Like Orlok: The creepy stranger, mostly.
- Signature Style: Stream-of-consciousness writing? Italicized, parenthetical snatches of phrases representing the main character's little brainfarts? Multiple contexts for the same phrase, all of them disturbing? Must be a Stephen King book.