Literature / Everyman
is a horror novel about a man, Ian Covey, who discovers how to steal someone's face by stealing their most important possession. The other two main characters are David Tirado, the first victim, who slowly turns into a massive, hideous colony organism, and his wife Sophie, who is the actual heroine.
This title provides examples of:
- Body Horror: The transformation of David into the Gestalt Entity is perfectly body horrible.
- Face Stealer: Ian Covey is a textbook face stealer.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Both Ian and David are nobodies who turn into monsters, Ian because he turns himself into one and David through no fault of his own.
- Gender Bender: Ian can and does take the shape of a couple different women.
- Villains Blend in Better: This is an essential part of the horror in the novel. Ian, when he assumes someone's form, seems like the "real" person. The actual real person is viewed as the impostor, even by those closest to the person.