Literature: Draw One in the Dark
Draw One in the Dark is an Urban Fantasy by Sarah A. Hoyt, featuring a world with multiple Shape-shifters, many of whom turn to legendary beings such as dragons.It has two sequels Gentleman Takes a Chance and Noah's Boy.
- A Friend in Need: Kyrie. This is why Tom can't abandon her in a fight.
- After Action Patchup: Tom treats Kyrie's injuries and lectures her about when she has to go to the doctor.
- Bad Dreams: Tom dreams of the triad
- Blackmail: Rafiel lets Kyrie know that they have tracked down the bloodstained paper towels
- The Casanova: Kyrie warns herself of the danger
- Commonality Connection: Kyrie and Tom, both shifters
- Doorstop Baby: Kyrie's backstory
- Genocide Dilemma: Tom realizes that the grubs they are destroying are in fact the children of two shapeshifters and might be human.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: High emotion, the smell of blood, the moonlight, all trigger.
- Love at First Sight: Not likely for humans, Kyrie thinks. Owing to pheremones, more plausible for werebeetles.
- Mineral MacGuffin: The pearl of Heaven
- Not a Game: They remind Keith of this.
- Panthera Awesome: Both Rafiel and Kyrie take the form of great cats.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Rafiel