Literature: Deucalion Chronicles
Written by Devin Kamar, Deucalion Chronicles is a collection of ongoing webserials all taking place in a universe where magitech is the norm for advanced worlds, with trade and travel between dimensions firmly regulated by the Crossworld Union. Or, to put it another way, it's a Fantasy Kitchen Sink Space Opera, in which time travelers, mages, androids, werewolves and more all rub elbows and, often as not, beat the crap out of one another.Has recently rebooted its stories, and begun daily updates:
- Knight Saga: The story of Luc Lachance, one of the Knights of Haras - elite warriors drawn from the nobility, whose incredible strength is fueled with the magic of an enslaved race.
- The Breach: The story of Isaac, a gang leader with incredible magic potential, and Robin, the teacher trying to recruit him as her apprentice.
- Empire's Rebirth: Three (or four) powerful fighters, each with their own goals, team up to pursue a collection of artifacts that could overturn the entire Union.
Deucalion Chronicles provides examples of:
- Anti-Magic: Of the artifact type - norium negates any magic it comes in contact with, though it is possible to attune yourself to a given piece and negate the effect.
- Fantastic Racism: The less human you are, the worse you can expect to be treated on most planets; this despite the fact that many "Outsiders" are indistinguishable from human psions in appearance and range of powers. Particularly dangerous Outsiders, such as therians and vampires, are forced to live on isolated planets.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink
- Humanoid Abomination
- Older Than They Look
- Sufficiently Analyzed Magic