Literature: Deacon Chalk
Deacon Chalk was just a tattoo artist and family man. Until his family was murdered by the Nephilim. As a devout Catholic, he believes he'll go to Hell and never see his family again if he kills himself, so he dedicates himself to fighting monsters in hopes one day he'll take on one that's badder than he is and send him on his way.Chalk features in two published novels, ''Blood and Bullets'' and ''Blood and Silver'', as well as the e-novellas ''That Thing at the Zoo'' and ''Spider's Lullaby''. Another novella and a third novel ''Blood and Magick'' will be released in the near future.
- Badass Preacher: Father Mulcahy
- Berserk Button: Don't abuse animals around Deacon. Ever.
- Bikini Bar: The rather tame strip club that funds Deacon's war.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Shani and Marcus, for different reasons.
- Child Eater: The were-polar bear.
- Death Seeker: Deacon himself.
- Flying Dutchman: Longinus
- Growing Muscles Sequence: The transformation of a were-T-Rex.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: How Deacon deals with a were-shark.
- Kick the Dog: Literally how Deacon gets involved with the politics of the shifter world.
- Manly Gay: Boothe.
- Monster Is a Mommy: The vampire in Zoo Atlanta in "That Thing At The Zoo.".
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Because there are a lot more were-creatures roaming around than just werewolves.
- Rated M for Manly: Guns, monsters, and tattoos. Oh yes.
- Shout-Out: There are references to Supernatural,, MASH, and the world of Anita Blake.
- Transformation Is a Free Action: Nobody seems to be attacked in mid-transformation.
- Write What You Know: The author is an expert in firearms and tattoos.