Literature: Dark Visions
Dark Visions is a trilogy of young adult fiction by L. J. Smith written in the mid- 1990s. The story follows the protagonist, Kaitlyn Fairchild, as she attends, uncovers a plot, and ultimately defeats the Zetes Institute, a place where she went to learn about her own psychic powers. Kait and the four other psychics at the live-in Zetes Institute are the most powerful psychics in the country in their age group. They come from all areas of the U.S. and become best of friends.
This trilogy contains examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Kaitlyn and Gabriel's relationship.
- Cleaning Up Romantic Loose Ends: Rob and Anna.
- Fantastic Recruitment Drive: The Zetes Institute runs tests across the nation to find people with psychic powers.
- Fiery Red Head: Kaitlyn.
- Friend to All Living Things: Anna.
- Healing Hands: Rob's ability.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Gabriel and Lydia.
- Heel-Face Turn: Sabrina and Renny.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Rob.
- Last Guy Wins
- Love Triangle: Between Kaitlyn, Rob, and Gabriel.
- Mind over Matter: Lewis and Renny.
- Psychic Link: Between the five main characters.
- Romantic False Lead: Rob and Frost.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Mr. Zetes.
- Seer: Kaitlyn's ability is to see the future through her drawings.
- Telepathy: Gabriel.
- True Companions: Kind of inevitable with the Psychic Link and all.