horror-cum-urban-fantasy tale. The universe was the brainchild of this Troper's brother. Can be found here
Major tropes present in Cursed Earth are:
- After the End: Or arguably during the end. The world isn't completely shot yet, but it's heading there.
- Bad Future: Cursed Earth itself.
- Cool Guns: Almost everyone has a trademark weapon, often a rather uncommon one. (Logan's Fiveseve N, or Marcus' HK UMP definitely qualify. John's FAL might, too.)
- Everything2: The current home for Cursed Earth but more importantly a huge source of inspiration.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Marcus.
- Ghost City: John's journey takes him through many of these.
- Heroic Resolve: Jess has this in spades.
- Messianic Archetype: John is very much this.
- Schizo Tech: There's a lot of this around. Marcus' reinforced high school is held together by it, as is the SUV he heads to Chicago in.
- Thunderbolt Iron: John's sword is actually made of a cobalt alloy, but most others that handle it think it's made of this.
- Walking the Earth: John and Kurt are both doing this before they find their calling.