Blackheart is a four-part short story by deviantART member fishsicles. It details (in a rather roundabout way) the rather roundabout escape plan of The Narrator, Paul Denton. Who happens to be telepathic.Word of God on the author's contributor page on This Very Wiki is that the cast (or at least Denton) will appear in his present project, Unfettered. No word on whether they resolve this plot or if it is simply The Cameo or a Creator In-Joke.Found on the author's page.Not to be confused with the Ghost Rider villain of the same name.
This work provides examples of:
- Book Ends: Every time a new part begins it involves Denton opening with a metaphor about the city streets.
- The Chessmaster: Denton.
- Cool Gun: Denton's Weapon of Choice is a "P229", likely referring to the SIG P229.
- Gambit Roulette: Denton's plan is shaping up to be one of these; it may well be In Mysterious Ways due to his near-omniscience.
- Informed Ability: Jackie's Power Nullifier skills; she did sneak up on the near-omniscient Denton, but "comparable to [Denton's] own telepathic ability"?
- In Mysterious Ways: Denton's plot.
- Instant Expert: Has never actually been seen, but Elyse's Psychic Powers let her absorb information from books and other sources.
- Nebulous Evil Organization: Section Eight
- Neologism: "Psiberpunk", used in the description of the first part. In-universe, there is also "bibliopath", describing Elyse's unique ability.
- Orphaned Series: By Word of God.
- Power Nullifier: Jackie.
- Telepathy: Denton
- Unreliable Narrator: Denton; he is obviously leaving out pieces of information.
- Voice with an Internet Connection: Elyse Milton, Paul's mysterious assistant.