This book provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Art of course.
- Animal Talk: Art talks to himself.
- Anthropomorphic Zig Zag
- Attention Whore: Possibly justified with Art, since he's so used to getting the attention he gets scared of getting replaced when a new pet shows up.
- Children's Literature
- Cool Pet: Art
- Disappeared Dad: Mr. Johnson is never mentioned or even seen in the book.
- First Name Basis: Art's full name is used only once by Brett, revealing that his full name is Art Gecko.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Brett
- Hates Being Alone: See Attention Whore above.
- Indy Escape: Art does this, though instead of a boulder it's dust.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Brett and Flop.
- Picture Book
- Repetitive Name: Art Gecko; who is a Gecko.
- Sphere Eyes: Art
- Toy: Just like it's sister book this one comes with a toy of The Protagonist.
- Wall Crawl: Unsurprisingly Art the Gecko can do this and does so to escape his habitat.
- White Bunny: Flop
This is my final plea: I am a gecko, not to be confused with GEICO, which could save you hundreds on car insurance. So, STOP CALLING ME!