Literature: Alice And Joe
Alice & Joe is a short piece of Interactive Fiction by Kevin McGowan. It was written for the Boob Jam in 2013 and deals with bodily angst and transformation in a science fiction/magic realism setting.Not to be confused with Alice and Bob.
Alice & Joe contains examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Alice.
- Another Side, Another Story: You can read the whole story as either Alice or Joe, and although the concrete events remain the same, your understanding of their personal perspectives shifts dramatically.
- Author Appeal: The author being a man who'd love to get rid of his breasts.
- Buxom Is Better: Alice has obviously internalised this.
- D-Cup Distress: Joe. This trope being Always Female is part of the reason he's so distressed.
- Easy Sex Change: Deconstructed.
- Fanservice: Averted, to the surprise of some, considering it's all about boobies.
- Magic Realism
- Mohs Scale of Science Fiction Hardness: No higher than a level 2, World Of Phlebotinum.
- Multiple Endings
- Oop North: Both characters use occasional Scouse slang.
- Sitting on the Roof: Where the whole story takes place.
- Transsexual: Word Of God confirms that both characters are ambiguously trans. A man with breasts is probably trans, and trans women typically have smaller breasts than cis women, but there are other explanations (gynecomastia, unfortunate genetics etc.).
- Twenty Minutes into the Future
- Unreliable Narrator: Revealed by the option to read as both characters.
- Urban Fantasy