Light Novel: Tsuki Tsuki!
One day Shinobu Nanjou wakes up just to find a naked blonde girl sleeping besides him. He has no memory whatsoever of her. Who is she? Why is she in his bed? Why is she naked? To make matters worse, his sister comes in and sees them. What will happen now?Tsuki Tsuki!
is a romantic comedy that focuses on Shinobu's daily life with his Unwanted Harem
. Some supernatural stuff is involved but the series mainly deals about Shinobu's daily life.
Tropes applying to the series:
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Tomoe, Shinobu's mom, looks so young that she could be mistaken as Shinobu's older sister.
- She's also at one point mistaken for his wife.
- Arranged Marriage: Thanks to their grandparents being drunk and suggested something out of the blue, both Shinobu and Hijiri are currently fiancees to each other. Not that the latter would mind.
- Badass: Shinobu's capable of punching out a demon with nothing but his bare fists.
- Bishounen: Shinobu and Asada are described as this. It does come in handy when they're forced to crossdress.
- Bromantic Foil: Kouta Asada. Even though he's perverted, he's one of Shinobu's first and best buds in the series.
- Chick Magnet: Currently Shinobu's attracted Luna, Machina, Hijiri, Kaoru, Minami, Miyuki, and Tamaki. Elni's more of a female version of Bromantic Foil so far. And that's not counting his other classmates.
- Covert Pervert: All of the girls in Shinobu's harem are this so much that the word "covert" could almost be thrown out.
- Dark and Troubled Past: There are some in this series: Shinobu had to make a Deal with the Devil just to revive his sister Nazuna from a car crash, Luna was abandoned by her real parents a long time ago, Elni's been alone throughout her travels, Machina's a Half-Human Hybrid and thus was picked on in the demon world, Hijiri was ostracized as a kid because her classmates and teachers were afraid of her and her family's exorcism job, and Kaoru's also a Half-Human Hybrid who was forced to be used as a tool by exorcists and her mother doesn't even remember her anymore while her father's dead.
- Determinator: Shinobu's no genius in martial arts, but that doesn't mean he would quit right away. In fact when the series starts, he's pretty strong himself in martial arts.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Head chopping, pinching her cheek, and denying her of any allowance is how the Nanjou family deals with Elni, who considers herself as a goddess whenever she pulls off any pranks.
- First Girl After All: Ouka "Sakura" Minami is the first girl that entered Shinobu's life, not Luna. So far, she's also the Unlucky Childhood Friend.
- The Gadfly: Part of what makes the series hilarious is that Shinobu usually Trolls the girls while it takes them awhile to figure out that he's just joking. The only one who could match him is Kaoru and his mom so far.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Averted with Shinobu. Despite the fact that he's no genius in any martial arts unlike his sister, his father, or his grandfather, he pushed himself pretty hard to the point almost no one can beat him.
- Harem Nanny: Tomoe Nanjou, Shinobu's mom usually teases his son whenever he's attracted a new girl.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Shinobu can't remember a lot about his past when he's first introduced in the story. That's because he made a Deal with the Devil (Luna), tried to summon her again but instead looked at her memories, and her father Bram decided to lock them up. This unfortunately had the side effect of forgetting his childhood friend.
- Older Than They Look: Elni has been around for a long time that she's even acquainted with Hijiri's dad.
- Pals with Jesus: The entire cast with Elni, assuming she's really a goddess.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Half of the comedy involves the target not even knowing that Shinobu is trolling them.
- Took a Level in Badass: Shinbou went from being a scrawny kid to a guy who can beat the crap out of anyone. Of course, this series is mostly a slice of life type.
- Tsundere: Machina; especially in her introduction volume where she usually kicks the crap out of Shinobu. She stops hitting him later on in the series, though she still falls for Shinobu's antics every single time. To a lesser extent, so is Shinobu according to a lot of people.
- What Could Have Been: The series was originally intended to be an action series involving fights with demons, but it's now a straight-out romantic comedy.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Shinobu is forced to wear one during the culture festival by the girls in his class. And once more at the sports festival. Needless to say, he's not amused by this.