Harutora Tsuchimikado was born into a prestigious Onmyoji
family, but his ability to detect spirit energy
is zero. Since he has no obligation or interest to take part in the family trade, he's been enjoying a peaceful daily life with his friends at an Onmyo branch school. And then one day his childhood friend Natsume Tsuchimikado, heir to the head family, suddenly appears...
A manga adaptation is currently running, while an anime adaptation began airing in October 2013.Needs More Love
and Wiki Magic
- Background Magic Field: The "spirit energy" which Onmyoji can see.
- Badass: Any of the 12 Heavenly Generals, Natsume, Harutora and Kyoko.
- Book Dumb: Harutora, justified his family never really taught him onmyodo.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Otome-Sensei is the oddest person you will ever meet, but is also one of the Heavenly Generals.
- Childhood Friends: Natsume and Harutora which is also...
- Clingy Jealous Girl: NATSUME.
- Cool Horse: One of the Tsuchimikado's shikigami, Yukikaze.
- Dramatic Irony: Natsume is the controller of the operation-type shikigami Hokuto, this means that the Hokuto Harutora knew was actually Natsume, but Harutora is too dense to figure it out.
- Familiar: Shikigami; there are different types.
- Famous Ancestor: Tsuchimikado Yako is the ancestor of Harutora and Natsume, and Abe no Seimei is another one of their ancestors further back.
- Hair Decorations: Hokuto wears a ribbon that Harutora won. Natsume also wears it being one and the same.
- In-Series Nickname: Harutora is baka-tora meaning stupid tiger. As the tora in his name means tiger.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: Natsume's shikigami is a large dragon, named Hokuto.
- Kissing Cousins: Harutora and Natsume.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: If you watch the bottom-right hand corner during the principal's lecture on Yako in Episode 4, the corner reveals a person looking back at the camera going "FUCK YES!"
- Little Bit Beastly: Harutora's shikigami Kon which is a Kitsune.
- Medium Blending: The Animated Adaptation mixes CG in for some shikigamis.
- Mistaken for Gay: Both Harutora and Natsume are mistaken, when Natsume's shikigami that looks like her (long story) undresses in front of Harutora. The Girls LOVE IT.
- Mistaken Identity: Harutora is sometimes mistaken for Natsume. This is mostly due to Natsume pretending to be a boy. The reason Kyoko even likes Natsume is because she got Natsume mixed with Harutora as children and really fell in love with him.
- Mood Whiplash: Kon. Around three different emotions a minute and has a really filthy mouth and crazy affection when she wants to let go.
- Oblivious to Love: Harutora.
- Off Model: In the first episode, Hokuto is shown in close-up directly in front of a bed of sunflowers. However, when another camera angle is shown, the flowers are to her right.
- Reincarnation: Natsume is believed to be the reincarnation of Tsuchimikado Yako.
- Shout-Out: Although flipped, in the third episode, Natsume has a close-up with her face covering the entire screen grumbling.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Natsume as she attends school in Tokyo, pretending to be a boy.
- Troll: Toji
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Harutora had a date with one. Harutora thought that the crossdresser was a girl and was greatly disturbed when he found out. Also Natsume
- Yaoi Fangirl: It seems nearly the entire female student body is one.
- Yandere: Natsume towards Harutora. He has no idea that she likes him and it is Played for Laughs.