Kanade Amakusa is a high school student who is suffering from a curse called "Absolute Choices." This curse requires him to select an action from a list of two or three options that appear before him at any time, and has no control over what choices appear. Many of them are perverse or just outright bizarre
, making his life very difficult. However, one day, a choice he makes on his way home from school causes a mysterious, beautiful young girl to fall from the sky. Amakusa discovers that she was sent from the God World to assist him in completing a series of missions given to him directly by God himself. After completing these missions, the "Absolute Choices" curse will be lifted from Amakusa; but should he fail in completing any of the missions, he will be stuck with the curse forever.My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy
(俺の脳内選択肢が、学園ラブコメを全力で邪魔している Ore no Nōnai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Rabu Kome o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru), also known by the abbreviation Noucome
(のうコメ Nōkome), is a Japanese light novel series written by Takeru Kasukabe, with illustrations by Yukiwo. Five volumes have been published by Kadokawa Shoten since February 2012. A manga adaptation by Sayaka Itsuki is serialized in Enterbrain's Famitsu Comic Clear. An anime adaptation, directed by Takayuki Inagaki and produced by Diomedea, began airing as a part of the Fall 2013 Anime
Tropes appearing in this Anime
- A-Cup Angst: Furano.
- Ambiguously Gay: The flippant God.
- Big Eater: Chocolat - Kanade is astounded at just how much she can put away.
- Bishōnen: Kanade. He is explicitly noted to be quite handsome in series, though most girls are driven away by the weird things he is forced to do by the Absolute Choices.
- Butt Monkey: Kanade. So very, very much.
- Can Not Spit It Out: Furano.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Played straight with Oka. Deconstructed with Kanade, as the series is about trying to get out from under the curse that forces him to act this way.
- The Comically Serious: Furano.
- Cosmic Plaything: Kanade. Sometimes, it seems like the entire universe literally exists just to screw him over in every possible way.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Almost all of Kanade's attackers are this. Upgraded to include girls in episode 8.
- Cringe Comedy
- Cute Little Fangs: Oka is shown to have one.
- Gag Boobs: Ayame, turns out they're fake
- If Furano is to be taken seriously in episode seven, they're real, but she later reveals that she didn't tell the truth.
- Gainaxing: Even the slightest of movement will cause them to bounce.
- Gender Bender: There were plenty of ways for the god in contact with Kanade to prove his divinity. This is the one he went with.
- Genki Girl: Oka and Chocolat.
- Jackass Genie: When he's presented with a choice that seemingly is good regardless of which is chosen, Kanade immediately suspects that this will come into play. He's right - the "harem" option gives him a male harem, while The Stinger shows the other option would have resulted in a coma.
- Little Sister Heroine: Parodied with Yanagi, who declares herself as everybody's little sister.
- Long Title: Second longest among light novel titles featured in This Wiki (together with Yuusha Ni Narenakatta Ore Wa Shibushibu Shuushoku O Ketsui Shimashita), second only to the full title of Moshidora.
- Magic Skirt: The opening starts off with several of the female characters in very short skirts doing handstands... and yet, no panties are flashed. Averted in the series itself, though.
- Morton's Fork: Most choices tend to be bad no matter what.
- Nice Girl: Chocolat, even if she is still very weird.
- Officially Shortened Title: Noukome, approximate to My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy.
- Pretty Freeloaders: Chocolat.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Furano.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Subverted with Oka, who immediately is flustered after Kanade sees her panties.
- Sadistic Choice: Most of the options that Kanade is forced to choose are perverse and/or humiliating.
- Spit Take: Happens in episode 8 when Chocolat's memory returned and told Kanade that she loves him.
- The Stinger: It shows What Could Have Been if Kanade had chose the most extreme choice of the episode.
- Sweet Tooth: Chocolat, who picked her name based off of what she likes to eat.
- Take a Third Option: Subverted (and lampshaded for that matter). The entire plot literally revolves on Kanade gaining such an ability.
- Tsundere: Furano.
- Yandere: Yuragi pulls one off quite well.
- Yaoi Fan: Several amongst the female cast, though Chocolat is the most forward about encouraging Kanade to indulge. As he's straight, he's less than amused.