After six years of living apart due to their parents' death, Himenokouji Akito decides to have his younger twin sister, Akiko, living together with him as a family. The problem is, Akiko is in love with him, as in the kind of love between man and woman. And she is unashamed of it, actually displaying her incestuous affection beyond common sense instead.
The wackiness of Akito's life actually had already been quite severe even before his sister's arrival. As a caretaker of his school's student council's dorm house, he had been living together in said house with the three members of student council who happen to be attractive yet very... unique
girls: Arashi Nikaidou
, Anastasia Nasuhara
, and Haruomi Ginbei Sawatari
. Another girl, Akito's stepsibling Arisa Takanomiya
, arrives later in the anime as a housekeeper. They are all craving for Akito's affection.
Needless to say, Akiko's battle to make her (im)pure love comes true begins. Basically, think Seitokai Yakuindomo
if the girls were more sexually aggressive.
This overly long titled
light novel series was made into an anime by Silver Link studio and aired during the 2012 fall season
. The anime can be viewed legally online
at the Funimation
This light novel/anime series makes use of these following tropes:
- Absolute Cleavage: Arashi at the dorm
- Alliterative Family: Akito and Akiko.
- Big Brother Attraction: Akiko makes it very clear how much she likes Akito. While, Akito tries his hardest to remain indifferent to his sister's affection.
- Bi the Way: Arashi and Anastasia (for petite girls)
- Bokukko: Ginbei
- But Not Too Foreign: Anastatia.
- Cringe Comedy: A more benign than usual example, but still.....
- Cold Opening: As with most other animes, though several of the cold openings can last so long that, by the time the opening credits come on, it would already have been as far as eleven minutes into the actual episode.
- Dawson Casting: Naturally but Arisa's seiyuu downplays this trope being 13 while Arisa is 12.
- Deadpan Snarker: Anastasia.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The whole opening can give just about anyone certain ideas.
- Eyepatch of Power: Arashi wears it over her right eye.
- Evolving Credits: Starting at Episode 10, the credits has Arisa included, with her own character cards.
- Fanservice: What did you expect from an Ecchi series?
- First-Person Smartass: Akito.
- Fun T-Shirt: Akiko has boatloads of them. Some includes a Goku's gi like color scheme and a Che Guevara T-shirt with her face on it.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The opening credits. Well, it's not so much getting crap past the radar as it is the radar operator being asleep on duty.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Anastasia again.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Akiko flips out when Anastasia "confesses" to Akito.
- Innocent Innuendo: Ubiquitous.
- Irony: Akito writes Brother-Sister Incest stories.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: Ginbei.
- Letting the Air out of the Band: Multiple times per episode.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: Arashi wants to make this very clear. To everyone.
- Depraved Bisexual: Emphasis on very.
- Anastatia and Akiko also tend to be uncomfortably-frank and honest about expressing their sexuality and states of arousal, much to the chagrin of Akito and the horror of innocent little Arisa-chan.
- Kuudere: Anastasia.
- Marry Them All: This happens at the end of episode 11. It's All Just a Dream Kaoruku is having.
- Mrs. Robinson: Akito's editor tries to (clumsily) seduce him after finding out about Akiko and fearing that his published Brother-Sister Incest stories are an expression of real lust toward his sister.
- Nice Guy: Akito, but it's later subverted when it becomes clear how much he actually enjoys seeing Akiko become flustered and anxious.
- Odd Name Out: Ginbei, while all the other members of the dorm/student council start with an A.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Ginbei
- Playing Gertrude: Akiko's voice-actress (14 at the time of recording) is actually two years younger than her 16 year old character; a rare reversal of the usual Dawson Casting practices of the current anime industry.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Akiko and Arashi
- Rapunzel Hair: Arashi
- The Reveal: At the end of Volume One, Akito makes it clear for the reader that he is not in fact blood-related to Akiko. In a later volume he reveals that he found out at a young age that he was adopted—his parents asking him to keep this secret from Akiko, the rest of the family and all else.
- Refuge in Audacity: Even the opening credits is very guilty of this.
- Samus Is a Girl: Akito to Ginbei in Ginbei's flashback.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: All girls except Ginbei may count.
- Shout Out: Arashi gives us three, her Signature Laugh is very similar to another student council president.
- Sick Episode: Akito in episode 10.
- Signature Laugh: Akiko's "Guhehehe~," and Arashi's "KA-ka-ka."
- Student Council President: Arashi
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Those aren't Anastasia's stuffed animals. That's definitely not one she's treasured for as long as she can remember. She certainly never gave each one a name and talked to them every night before bed.
- Title Drop: At the end of the first and last episodes.
- Token Mini Moe: Alisa. Kyu!
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Arashi.
- Troll: Anastasia again.
- In later episodes, it seems Akito also enjoys teasing Akiko.
- Unwanted Harem: Akito has four of them, including his little sisters. Taken so far past Eleven that the meter broke.
- In Ginbei's flashback, it is revealed that she sent a group of girls to Akito to prevent him from meeting her.
- Vapor Wear: Arashi
- Whitehaired Pretty Girl: Ginbei.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: All of the girls are afraid of ghosts.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Arashi pulls one off when Akito has to visit her room in Episode 10.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Anastasia has an A-grade with her uniform.
- In Ginbei's flashback, one of the girls from Akito's harem is a grade S.