(Taken From The Other Wiki
/ Needs a Better Description
(銀盤カレイドスコープ, lit. Skating Rink Kaleidoscope
) is a series of light novels written by Rei Kaibara and illustrated by Hiro Suzuhira. The manga adaptation is authored by Jun Hasegawa. There was an anime adaptation of the first arc of the novels, aired weekly on TV Tokyo from October 8, 2005 to December 24, 2005.
The story revolves around Tazusa Sakurano, a Japanese Olympic figure skating candidate, and Pete Pumps, a Canadian stunt pilot. During a qualifying round in Montreal, Canada, Tazusa falls in the middle of a Triple Lutz and loses consciousness. At the same time, Pete dies mid-performance when his stunt plane crashes due to mechanical trouble. Unfortunately for Tazusa, Pete ends up involuntarily inhabiting her body for 100 days.
Ginban Kaleidoscope provides examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: Pete, all thanks to him sharing a body with Tazusa.
- Bishie Sparkle: Almost everyone during figure skating.
- Butt Monkey: Pete and Tazusa's coach.
- Cute Little Fangs: Tazusa. Though when she gets seriously mad, they turn into SHARK teeth.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: No pun intended on that one!
- Did Not Get the Girl: Subverted. Well, not physically...but Pete definitely wins Tazusa's heart
- Expy: Tazusa is practically real-life skater Miki Ando — with a ghost Canadian guy.
- Gratuitous English: This might be considered a case of Surprisingly Good English — once Dominique figures out Tazusa can't speak English, (which seems to parody Engrish, though it's strangely well-pronounced Engrish) she speaks it deliberately to insult her. Other than a rather awkward "Hey you Japanese", her English is surprisingly accurate. (It helps that Maya Okamoto can speak English) Not only that, but Tazusa's response (courtesy of Pete's influence) is wholly appropriate.
- Girlish Pigtails: Tazusa, of the Tsundere variety.
- Informed Ability: The viewer doesn't get to see much of Ria's 'perfect' routine.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Pete, again.
- Jerkass: Tazusa, before Character Development. Afterwards, she's basically a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Keet / The Pollyanna: Pete, always with a smile on his face.
- Kissing Discretion Shot: For the First Kiss, anyway.
- Love Confession: Double Subverted.
- Ghost Shipping. Pretty obvious. There is literally no other guy you could pair Tazusa with! And it is one of the most convincing ghost ships. You are obviously supposed to want them together...even though it's utterly hopeless.
- Off Model: Often.
- Phenotype Stereotype: On foreign characters.
- Purple Eyes: Tazusa, to represent that she's special with Ice Skating talent.
- Running Gag: The friggin' tomatoes!
- Snow Means Love / Snow Means Death: At the exact same time....
- Tsundere: Tazusa, type A.
- Undeath Always Ends
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: See the entry for Expy.
- Why Did It Have To Be Tomatoes?
- Worthy Opponent
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair