Set on a giant, almost finished bridge between Sadogashima and Niigata. Abandoned by the government, the bridge, and the giant man-made floating island at the center, has become a city of criminals and societal drop-outs.Etsusa Bridge
is part of an overarching Verse
of light novels written by Narita Ryohgo that includes Vamp!
, and Hariyama-san
Tropes in Etsusa Bridge include:
- Animal Motifs: The first volume, Bow Wow! ~Two Dog Night~, is centered around two characters that are likened to dogs. The title of the second volume is Mew Mew! ~Crazy Cat's Night.
- Animal Theme Naming: The aforementioned characters both have kanji relating to dogs in their names.
- Bad Ass
- Floating Continent: Limited to just an island, but still counts.
- Odd Name Out: Look at the list of Naritaverse works. Etsusa Bridge is the only one with A) more than one word, and B) no exclamation points, until the release of Hariyama-san.
- Rule of Cool
- The Verse: Directly connected to Durarara!!, and said to be set 15-20 years after it.
- Wretched Hive: The floating island appears to be this.