"Shit isn't going our way. Is it ever going our way?"Two college students, Whitelite (Alex Delfrate) and J3ZA (Jeremy Hearn), "who like playing games and having a laugh". As of October 11 2010, Two Awesome Gamers (TAG for short) started uploading LetsPlays of Minecraft and since then have garnered over one-hundred thousands subscribers. Though they are most known for their Minecraft Skyblock series, TAG has also recorded Crashtastic, Battlefield 3, Surgeon Simulator, Hack/Mine, SkyGrid, a Tekkit series, and a few modification showcases.The channel is retired as of now, but their original Skyblock series is still considered a high point in the Minecraft Let's Play community.TAG's videos - with their clever use of video editing, hilarious anecdotes, and engaging discussion during gameplay - certainly standout in YouTube's Let's Play community. Not to mention the several examples of Moment of Awesome and Rule of Funny.
— Whitelite, Skyblock Episode 3
On-Hiatus Let's Plays:
Finished Let's Plays:
- Several Simulator Games
- Surgeon Simulator
- Euro Truck Simulator
- Farming Simulator
TAG (and their videos) provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Both of them.
- Butt-Monkey: Again, both of them.
- Blatant Lies: After turning around and shooting J3ZA in episode 7 of Skyblock, Whitelite says the arrow "ricocheted".
- Companion Cube: To an extent. Since creepers and cows in Minecraft aren't actually living, this may qualify. In one episode of Skyblock, Whitelite discovers a creeper that spawned on the roof of their house. He then asks the fans to name it for him.
- Also, TAG named a cow Herbert, who was the only resident of their pasture.
- "Punk-ass bitch!"
- "Aww, dicks!"
- "There's shit everywhere!"
- Cliffhanger: Episode 4 of Skyblock.
- Crazy Enough to Work: In episode 8 of the Skyblock series, J3ZA managed to build a cobblestone bridge from the island all the way to the mainland, a job which probably took at least an hour. He even admitted that he completed the task while procrastinating an examination study session.
- Deadpan Snarker: The white text on the black background that occurs in Skyblock and Skygrid.
- Determinator: Both of them. Despite constant failure or extremely long processes to get things done, they almost never give up.
- Department of Redundancy Department: In the Explosives+ mod review, Whitelite says that he could "use this nuke to nuke the nuke."
- Dude, Not Funny!: Parodied. TAG has been known for its Mexican jokes, and some commentators believe their Mexican fans have abandoned them. Whitelite himself has received an email complaint about said jokes.
- Epic Fail: The first few videos of their Tekkit series involved their supposed "house" being damaged several times by creepers. Several deaths and frustrations later, they finally managed to build a small factory that even Whitelite admitted looked pretty awful."I don't know why it looks so much like ass... I tried."
- Another example would be after about half a minute in The End, J3ZA gets knocked off the platform by the Ender Dragon and loses about three hours worth of supplies.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The white text occasionally includes this (such as in episode 3 of Skyblock).
- Gone Horribly Right: The mob spawner they built in Skyblock spawned mobs everywhere. The first part of the next episode is spent showing them taking it back.J3ZA: It works too well!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Justified, since they're both roommates with a common interest in gaming.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The nuke they set off in Tekkit wound up killing them multiple times and spawning an insane amount of monsters.
- Manchild: An episode of Crashtastic was entitled "P3NIS".
- In Farming Simulator, they drew a male genitalia in the fields.
- No Indoor Voice: As shown by their official trailer, whenever they get excited or angry, they tend to yell. Played with a comic effect.
- Sidekick: Averted. Most may think that Whitelite is the main character, since he's the one doing the recording. But both Whitelite and J3ZA contribute to the commentary equally.
- Running Gag: In Skyblock, TAG not finishing their house roof.
- STANZA Episode: Their weed mob review.
- Take That!: What generally happens during the Crashtastic videos when they beat a level after several tries.
- Not to mention their epic fight with the Ender Dragon in season 3 of Skyblock.
- Take That Me: During the Skyblock series, Whitelite constantly insults his and J3ZA's ability to do anything right in Minecraft. It might be understandable, especially after all the deaths they endured in that series.
Whitelite: "Today we have proof that we're not complete retards at every game we play."
- Referred to in one of their Battlefield 3 videos.
- Too Dumb to Live: TAG themselves, although sometimes they seem prepared and bad luck or unknown circumstances arise and they fail anyway.
- Played straight with all the animals except Hubert in Skyblock #26.
- 20 Bear Asses: TAG spent a great deal of time in Skyblock trying to collect ender pearls.