was a YouTube
channel focused on Let's Play videos. The main guy was called Tatsudoshi (his real name is Kdin Jenzen). He, DocSigma, and Yuuri all lived together in Austin, Texas (Corn N' Bourbon opted to not join them
). The first LP Tatsu has ever done was of Marchen Adventure Cotton
, a Japanese side-scrolling shoot-em-up, and since then, he has branched out to do games from different systems, like Goof Troop
, New Super Mario Bros. Wii
, and Left 4 Dead
(the 360 version). The earlier LPs used to be low-quality, but they later switched to HD. However, the LPs are called Spam Plays after the name of their group, Multipurpose Spam
. Tatsu sometimes co-oped with another YouTube
user named The Khold One
. Notable co-ops included Tetris & Dr. Mario
, Mega Man Soccer
, DocSigma's First Left 4 Dead
, Left 4 Filler
, Super Mario World
, and Super Khold World
, which Khold created and Tatsu raged on.
In 2013, Jenzen joined Rooster Teeth
's Achievement Hunter
as a full-time video editor. He has created a video series for them about upcoming video games called Coming Soon
, which he hosts. Unfortunately, around that time and later in 2014, many changes to YouTube and the demands of his former partner network has proved to be so much trouble for him (as explained on the Trivia page) that he eventually had to end Multipurpose Spam
Tropes associated with Tatsudoshi and Multipurpose Spam:
- Gargle Blaster: Numerous reviews of soft drinks Multipurpose Spam does on their site. None of them are alcoholic, but that doesn't make them any less repulsive.
- Gilligan Cut: The following is a pseudo example:
Tatsu: Y'know what? No! We aren't going that way, fuck that Ghost House!
-Vines Block Everything But The Ghost House-
Corn: (Possibly channeling the spirit of the game) You're going to the Ghost House.
- Gentle Giant: Corn is confirmed to be over 6 feet tall and around 200 pounds but loves kittens.
Corn : YOU HURT THE KITTY!!
- Guns Akimbo: As Corn plays as Salvador in the Borderlands 2 LP, this is a given.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: The Princess Maker 2 Spam Play seems to be shaping up to be this.
- Averted in that, unless Tonya (the Princess) is lying through her teeth, she's loving every minute of it.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: During the Mirror's Edge Spam Play, Corn makes a quip that one of the characters looks like The Joker mixed with Colonel Sanders and Khold's reply is "If it is, that chicken tastes a little funny."
- One during the Mirror's Edge LP was so bad that it caused Tatsu to take away one off Khold's racist joke limit.
- Insane Troll Logic During a guest appearance on Crudecomms' (now the Basterd Brothers) playthrough of Fallout 3, he repeatedly demanded that KZX do things that are in impossible in the game (Ex: "Eat the robot! Equip eat and use on robot!"), which he justified by saying that KZX wasn't playing the game the right way.
- Karma Houdini: You might say that the AI from both Left 4 Deads are this. When Tatsu was getting swarmed by a horde, Bill and Francis stood at the stairs mindlessly killing zombies, made many stupid decisions throughout both games leading Tatsu to bad-mouth them, and during the Left 4 Dead 2 Parish finale, Coach & Rochelle abandon Tatsu when he gets incapped to make it to safety. Tatsu and Corn both said at different points that they left him because they heard what he said, even though the yelling at them was totally justified.
- Laser-Guided Karma: At the end of the first Left 4 Dead video, Sedisp and Officer Bomb were fighting a horde and Corn was getting choked by a Smoker and covered in bile, Tatsu decides to run to the end of the stage. The first video cuts off with a shot of the tank. The second video opens up with Tatsu getting smacked by the Tank forcing a retreat back to the others. Officer Bomb says "OH MY GOD! WHAT DID YOU BRING UPON US!"
- Little Miss Badass: The Princess Maker 2 Spam play is invoking this
- Looks Like Jesus: Tatsu when he had long hair gives people that impression.
- My Nayme Is: Seriously, Kdin instead of Caden?
- New Game+: Done during Bayonetta, The Bouncer, and Ōkami.
- One-Hit Kill: Done to Dauragon in Sion's story in Video Game/The Bouncer due to the result of using cheats.
- One of Us: One of the coolest nerds out there. Their slogan on Multipurpose Spam is "If you nerd it, we nerd it."
- They've also made reference to this wiki during their Bayonetta playthrough, specifically on the Demonic Spiders page.
- And they are aware of this page, which means they could be watching it right now! Aah.
- Tatsu is a confirmed Brony.
- Rule of Three: During the original Left 4 Dead No Mercy LP, Corn getting incapped by a single zombie.
- Sharing a Body: Corn and Tatsu co-Oped Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy this way. Painful to watch, if not hilarious.
- Small Reference Pools: Subverted with how many references there are in a single video nonetheless. Where one person can watch and laugh at some jokes, another person can watch and laugh at a different set of jokes entirely.
- It Tastes Like Feet: The way Tatsu describes a Century Egg.
- Take a Third Option: The group was unable to LP Borderlands due to the fact that the game has no local multiplayer and thus required them to have three XBoxes in order to play it cooperatively. Rather than can the project entirely, they decide to play Borderlands 2, which does have local multiplayer (though they eventually managed to do an LP of the first game).
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: In every game that Tatsu and Corn play together.
- Tempting Fate: During the Futurama Let's Play, Tatsu makes a comment that "this level's only going to take 6 minutes" How long the video was? 30 minutes
- Troll: Tatsu calls Mew this at the end of Poke Park Wii.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Tatsu and Corn. Ye GODS.
- All of the people that appear in the videos. Except Sugar.