-After the group has figured out that they've accidentally started a one-player game instead of three-player... again.SuperPlayify is a YouTube Let's Play group with rotating membership depending on who's physically available to play and how many controllers they have. Their gimmick, so to speak, was initially that they went into bargain-bin games completely canonblind, not even reading the manual, and allowed hilarity to ensue. This was discarded soon; however, they still stick to ten-dollar games.
Their members so far include:
- Shadow, as in ShadowMercury of AMV Nightmare. His personality mostly lines up with his Nightmare character, except that he claims he's never actually had to work off several thousand bills for hentai DVDsnote . Often the one to discover features of the game completely by accident.
"Yay! It said 'Partial Nudity'. I'm gonna like this game!"
- ShoreKyllam, the Pungeon Master often threatened with violence when he makes a bad joke. Has to be rushed along the preliminary stages constantly because he once spent six hours making a character in SoulCalibur. Occasionally philosophical and deep, usually just ridiculous.
"Well, for people who spend a long time making a character..."
- G00st, who spends most of the time reacting to the others' comments and calling out their ridiculous ideas, but doesn't understand the games as much himself and has trouble getting used to modern controllers.
"Dolphins and robots are... different."
- Convictor, who has so far only appeared in a solo video, presumably due to living elsewhere. Much more predisposed to cutting out the "boring bits" of the game, likely because it's playing on its own. Uses a heavy dose of Sarcasm Mode to alternate between a snarky or ridiculously optimistic outlook on what it's playing, particularly horror games. Later reported to have left the group.
"Those are not attractive sounds and I don't like them. ...Let's go check it out!"
They have played or are playing:here.
Tropes applying to their playthroughs:
- '80s Hair: The Yithian who comes out of the portal in the first Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth video is deemed a "Heavy Metal Yithian" due to its "hair".
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: Convictor's videos are solo, featuring none of the other players due to location issues.
- Beergasm: Convictor's vision of how good the booze must be, since it was locked in a safe guarded by police.note
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Convictor narrates coming across corpses in the same manner that it narrates opening doors.
- Cherry Blossoms: Edited onto a scene, along with pink text and squeals of "senpai, notice me~!" only to reveal... a drunken fish person peeing on a wall.
- Cigarette of Anxiety: When Jack Walters goes for one, Convictor can sympathize.
- Cluster F-Bomb: After Shadow realizes he's allowed to swear.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth has a lot of these. The show keeps track of all the bodies with a handy death counter, first brought up when the hero accidentally electrocutes a poor villager who's been chained in a basement and tortured for a couple days.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: An Xbox is not an SNES.
- Dolphins, Dolphins Everywhere: Shadow thinks the first-stage enemies in Otomedius Excellent look like dolphins. G00st doesn't seem to agree.
- Don't Explain the Joke: G00st always explains the jokes and references in a self-aware, self-deprecating manner.
- Exposition Cut: Convictor contemplates cutting the initial cutscene since it's shown again later, but decides against it, only cutting out the boring wandering around.
- Gag Boobs: Shadow points out Diol Twee's "talent" and is promptly told that he's probably alienated all the women in the audience.
- Game Over: It's fun to watch them flail about wondering how they died, and sadly, it happens a lot.
- Double subverted in the second Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth video. Convictor cuts past eight failed attempts to get past the police guard through the First National door, so the viewer assumes that it'll make it the ninth time; however, it gets caught again, this time on-screen.
- Gratuitous Japanese: G00st declares "PRETTY LASERS DESU!" at Gesshi Hanafuuma's powerup, complete with katakana taking up the whole screen.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: Convictor muses that the police guard's AI is dumb for not seeing the player character follow him. But then he catches Convictor sneaking around nine times in a row.
- Guide Dang It!: And when they don't use guides...
- Hypocritical Humor: G00st points this out to apologize whenever he makes an offensive joke after calling someone else out for one.
- Idiot Hero: Convictor's opinion of Jack Walters.
- If It Tastes Bad, It Must Be Good for You: Shadow complains that this is his mother's philosophy when it comes to cooking.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Convictor points it out about a hotel owner named "Gilman" in a land of Fish People. The others point it out about everything Shore says.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: If this is any indication, Shadow's AMV Nightmare persona is heavily based off how he acts in real life.
- No Budget: Brought up as a possible explanation when they discuss the animation and the lack of an English voice option in Otomedius Excellent. The group also doesn't have much of a budget itself, hence the focus on bargain bin fodder.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: Convictor at various points of Dark Corners of the Earth. Clearly familiar with Lovecraft...
"Ewww. Why would you want to do that? Yithians are... No. Noooooooo. Nooooooooooooo."
- Off with His Head!: Convictor notices the decapitated statue in Innsmouth and tries asking about it.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: They try, but they keep slipping up and using their real names.
- Paying in Coins: Convictor complains about (in-game) being paid in one-dollar bills.
- Pungeon Master: Shore, even when threatened with violence to stop.
- Rage Quit: G00st throws his controller and briefly walks away during Otomedius Excellent, and Convictor threatens to throw the laptop across the room in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
- Schmuck Bait: Pointed out over and over in its repeated use in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. "I don't know what this is gonna do, but it can't possibly be bad for me, right? ...Right?"
- Self-Deprecation: Lots. In one memorable instance, they try to compare themselves to Game Grumps in a false Take That!: "Why would you watch a show about people who are funny and care about what they're doing?"
- Shaped Like Itself: Shadow failed to recognize Arnval as the real deal in her appearance in Otomedius Excellent and believed her to be an Expy or lookalike.
- Small Reference Pools: Discussed.
Shadow: Wait, it's not Nanoha, there's no exploding panties.
G00st: Yes, let's keep referencing anime that our viewers probably haven't seen.
- Small Town Boredom: While wandering around Innsmouth in Dark Corners of the Earth, Convictor compares it to the port town it lives in, in which "everything smells like fish and everyone there sucks".
- Tastes Like Feet: Health food mochi tastes like ass, apparently.
- Unusual Euphemism:
Shadow: Fuddruckers! Yes. Nice save.