Can You Keep Up?!Runner Guitar
is an LPer and Music Composer on Youtube. Following the example of Brainscratch Comms and Hell Fire Comms, this unprofesional nerd does his best to teach his viewers about different games, shows and movies alike. His musical composition and covers fall mostly under the hard rock category and has composed an Un-Official sound Track for BSC. Currently Working on a novel known as "Broken X Souls
: The 7 Soul Emblems", but except for the title, the names of some characters and the main theme composed for it, nothing is known about it. He is also the creators of the "Defense Of Anime" Series.
Link to his Let's Plays and Music on Youtube:
He also did reviews for a while on Tumblr, before having a long hiatus due to lack of time. However, he has returned to reviewing and though his scheduled is still horrible, he is now focusing more on quality than quantity.
So far he has let's played
Runner Guitar's Videos contain examples of:
- Art Shift: His logo originally was an amaturish drawing of himself, to a more mature drawing done by Master MRU/Firiun. As of now he seems to fill his art style is good enough to be used as the main picture of the channel.
- One can very easily see how his art style has improved over the years if they go to his deviantart page. However he still has much to learn.
- Aborted Arc: Originally, there was supposed to be a Scott Pilgrim Vs The World The Game commentary, but due to him having nothing to say, the project was eventually canceled.
- Anachronic Order: He made his Megaman Zero trailer some time after he finished the playthrough. Also He did a commentary of Megaman Zero 1 and 2 without ever touching neither the classic or X series.
- It seems he plans to make a trailer per playthrough, but he will do so after the Playthrough is done.
- Bias Steamroller: Runner hates Dubstep with a burning passion.
- Add 50 Shades of Grey and 11Eyes to the count.
- Big "WHAT?!": This trope has a field day during the Augus Battle, namely Runner's freaking out over the extending muramasa.
- The Many Deaths of You: During the first part of Megaman Zero 2, we learn how Runner records, he plays once without recording and then records himself, if there is any major fuck up he will stop the recording and start all over again. He had recorded so many files by the time he defeated Panther Fauclaws in Megaman Zero 2 that he did a 'Death Montage' afterwards...with all the deaths in sync with a song from Sonic Adventure
- Catch Phrase: He seems to have his fair chair of ones:
- During his earliest videos, he opened with a very simple phrase, he seems to be now making a shout out to Attack on Titan with now saying "Are We The Prey? No! We Are The Hunter/Player" Hunter for videos not having to do with video games.
- "Can You Keep Up?!" Seems to be his newest intro.
- Every video ends with "So with that said, Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm the Runner Guitar and I'll see you guys later"
- When his impressions videos are talking about a sour topic, he ends them with "I'll see you guys in hell"
- Cell Phones Are Useless: during his most recent part of Megaman Zero 2, he has gotten a new head set, but due to doing a lot of stuff in his PC, there are a lot of Audio glitches. He named the episode: Death and Audio Problems
- Crossdressing Voices: During Megaman Zero when Leviathan appeared on screen for the first time, he read her lines and added a high pitch to his voice to try and sound female (He failed). Strangely enough, he only did for Leviathan and not Ciel.
- He seems to have forgotten to do it during Megaman Zero 2.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Runner can have a very dirty mouth, the best example at the moment is during the factory level of Megaman Zero.
- Development Hell: The Scott Pilgrim VS The World playthrough when the LP channel used to be Lack Of Logic Comms. He and his friends replayed the game many times and when the final product was being made, scheduling problems stopped the project.
- Runner is currently working on a dramatic Reading over the Higurashi/When They Cry Visual Novel's but just like the similar project, timing issues are getting in the way, though this is a project he does not want to cancel.
- However, no news have been made on the project, so it can be assumed it has died.
- Runner took an entire month between posting parts 5 and 6 of Megaman Zero 2, due to school getting in the way. This has also slowed down the production of the songs he is composing for BSC.
- This is also the reason why the last part of Megaman Zero 2 is so long, he said that they deserved having what they wanted quickly due to their patience.
- That Book mentioned in the intial description? The one that it's still in the writting stages? That's been 8 years of pure work.
- Following The Leader: He is a huge fan of Brain Scratch Comms, Super Gaming Bros. and The Great Clement, his commentating style is similar to theirs, but as far as the quality YMMV
- In Memoriam: Done in Megaman Zero, when Runner sees Alloute's doll on the floor. Though it's not sure if he truly cares for the character or if he just did that for dramatic effect.
Runner: Those Bastards! In The Name Of Allouete! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!
- That One Level: YMMV but for Runner, He absolutly loathes the factory level in Megaman Zero. During his test playthroughs it got so bad that he ended up using save states and editing them out.
- Theme Music Power-Up: Whenever he speeds something up, he plays some kind of rock song.
- Large Ham: His Voice acting of characters tends to be on the Hammy Side and whenever he speeds something up in a video, he screams in an Ear Raping Manner 'CHAOS CONTROL' Referencing Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow The Hedgehog The game
- This has now changed into 'Unlimited Game Works' and 'Time Alter'. Both References to the Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. Runner's Favorite Visual Novel and Anime.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Due to his Venezuelan roots, he has a heavy accent, even for a person of his country, causing some of his viewers to have a hard time understanding what he is saying.
What Runner Says: ...I'm looking at you! Reviewers who 'Reviewed' Otomedius
What people think he says: ...I'm Looking at you! Be Holden who view Stravirious