Lets Play: Nalif
Nathan Tetzlaff, aka Nalif, is a YouTube personality known for his comedic gameplay commentary. Originally many of his subscribers came from Tobuscus, though he has slowly built up more subscribers and has over 7,500 now.To watch his Youtube page go here.
Tropes associated with Nalif:
- Backup Twin: If Super Meat Boy can't do it, Ogmo can.
- Big "NO!": Often accompanied by slow motion.
- Big "WHAT?!": Also often accompanied by slow motion.
- Brief Accent Imitation: Nathan often slips into a Sean Connery accent in his gameplays.
- Catch Phrase:
- "YES" or "Sweeet!" whenever he dies, often accompanied by slow motion.
- "It's The Stupid Jump Button!" whenever his Super Meat Boy character fails to jump.
- "I derped."
- "15 Minutes Later..." - Technically not a catch phrase as he doesn't say it, but when he edits videos he often puts this in place of multiple failures.
- Happy Place: Sometimes Nathan stops and focuses on whats again, trying to stay calm and concentrate, often calling it his 'Inner Buddha'.
- Papa Wolf: Evident in his BioShock and BioShock 2 gameplays where he always saves the Little Sisters instead of harvesting them and does whatever he can to prevent them from being hurt.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: In his Super Meat Boy gameplay, in the final world, after many levels of failure and stress he is rewarded with longer, but less hard for him maps.
- Tranquil Fury: Often, after dying multiple times, Nathan will play in complete silence until he can beat whatever challenge he is facing.
- Why Won't You Die?: In a few of his playthroughs the fighting system often means that timing swings is critical, and it often takes a while to kill an enemy leading to anger.