What are you doing reading this sentence in either I or Sean Connerys voice?
Nathan Tetzlaff, aka Nalif, is a YouTube
personality known for his comedic gameplay commentary. Originally many of his subscribers came from Tobuscus
, though he has slowly built up more subscribers and has over 7,500 now.
To watch his Youtube page go here
Tropes associated with Nalif:
- Backup Twin: If Super Meat Boy can't do it, Ogmo can.
- Big "NO!": Often accompanied by slow motion.
- Big "WHAT?!": Also often accompanied by slow motion.
- Brief Accent Imitation: Nathan often slips into a Sean Connery accent in his gameplays.
- Catch Phrase:
- "YES" or "Sweeet!" whenever he dies, often accompanied by slow motion.
- "It's The Stupid Jump Button!" whenever his Super Meat Boy character fails to jump.
- "I derped."
- "15 Minutes Later..." - Technically not a catch phrase as he doesn't say it, but when he edits videos he often puts this in place of multiple failures.
- Happy Place: Sometimes Nathan stops and focuses on whats again, trying to stay calm and concentrate, often calling it his 'Inner Buddha'.
- Papa Wolf: Evident in his BioShock and BioShock 2 gameplays where he always saves the Little Sisters instead of harvesting them and does whatever he can to prevent them from being hurt.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: In his Super Meat Boy gameplay, in the final world, after many levels of failure and stress he is rewarded with longer, but less hard for him maps.
- Tranquil Fury: Often, after dying multiple times, Nathan will play in complete silence until he can beat whatever challenge he is facing.
- Why Won't You Die?: In a few of his playthroughs the fighting system often means that timing swings is critical, and it often takes a while to kill an enemy leading to anger.