Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
Lets Play: Goodbye 18000
(real name Tanner) is a Canadian Let's Player
on You Tube
. He's known for his off-the-wall commentaries, knowledge of way too much pop-culture
and general randomness.
He has also made other videos other then his Lets Plays
, such as "Pokémon Misguided Adventures", which tells the storyline of Pokemon Red And Blue
from a humorous perspective. Since they were made before he became the proficient editor he is today, he doesn't speak of them much
. He is also a member of The Sonic Show
along with Fuad
, his best friendo
and frequent guest star.
His Let's Plays provide examples of
- Angrish: Trying (and failing) to get up the anthill in Banjo-Kazooie, he goes from anger to tears to random noises due to him not being able to do it.
- Anime Hair: He gives them ratings in his Soul Calibur playthrough.
- Berserk Button: Mentioning Sonic 2 around him will not lead to good things.
- Butt Monkey: Fuad the HM Sla... I mean Zigzagoon in his Pokemon Sapphire Playthrough.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: But they all end up sounding like Tea.
- Dramatic Reading: Of his own fanfiction, and of one written based on his Lets Plays.
- Buxom Is Better: He enjoys Rouge the Bat quite much.
- Canada, Eh?: He currently resides in Alberta.
- Catch Phrase: Not many, but one of the most memorable ones is "CHAINSAW TO THE FACE!"
- When he and Fuad are together, "NICE-U (blank)"*]] is their go-to catchphrase.
- Its official, his catchphrase is "What is wrong with me?"
- Development Hell: His Pokemon Channel Mini Games and his Subspace Emissary Characters unlocking.
- Drinking Game: Has one in his Sonic Adventure LP which basically involves taking a shot every time Big does something annoying/stupid or a glitch happens.
- Easter Egg: Writes hidden comments in the tags in his more recent videos.
- Epic Fail: He beats himself after he misspells "Because" while nicknaming his Wynaut in his Pokemon Sapphire LP.
- Happens again when he names his Wailmer "Chuck'Iesta".
- Eye Catch: Played with in his Banjo Kazooie playthough, in the style of Gurren Lagann, with Banjo as Simon, Kazooie as Kamina and Mumbo as Yoko. Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Has gotten to third base with Zapdos.
- Green Aesop: Averted, he supports the Alberta Oil Sands as it helps the Canadian economy.
- Guide Dang It: He is forced to use the guide several times while playing Banjo-Kazooie.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: He and Fuad.
- 100% Completion: Subverted. He says he hates 100% runs and never does them.
- Hurricane of Puns: His Pokemon Sapphire LP has him making really bad Pokemon Puns that leave even him in tears.
- I'm Crying But I Don't Know Why: Randomly broke into tears in his Pokemon Snap Playthrough finale. He said that he didn't want it to end.
- Incest Subtext: Tanner and Carson agree that the entire Soul Calibur V story mode is a Love Triangle between Patrokolos, his sister and his mother.*
- Large Ham
- Let's Play: Duh.
- Misblamed: Many people think his Sonic Generations Hatedom parody video was real, despite him saying it wasn't him.
- Novelization: Apparently, one based on his childhood.
- Lost Forever: His Pokemon Channel Lets Play. Copyrights took it down, and all the original files are gone. Sad, as it was his first series.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Happens frequently with female or deep voices.
- Old Shame: He wants to redo his Pokemon Channel playthrough because of the lack of game audio for the first 11 episodes.
- And now he can't, as it was taken down by copyright bots.
- One of Us: He helps edit this very page! ... or rather I help edit this very page.
- Opening Narration: Played with in his Pokemon Sapphire videos, but only lasted for two of them.
- Opening Scroll: Parodied, Star Wars-style, in the first episode of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Whenever the idea of a girlfriend comes up, he is reminded of the abuse his crazy first girlfriend put him through.
- She and her friends have abused him to the point that he has to change the way he answers the phone just to make sure it's not them.
- Which is actually turns out to be pretty funny:
- Re Cut: His videos got this treatment when they got sponsored to be shown on The Sonic Show.
- Replacement Goldfish: In episode 30 of his Pokemon Sapphire Playthrough, he replaced his Zigazagoon, Fuad, with another one he caught, which he then nicknamed, you guessed it, Fuad.
- Self-Deprecation: Too many times to count.
- Shout Out: MANY.
- Something Completely Different: He tried doing trivia questions and short funny videos at the end of his videos for a while, before settling upon sticking with straight up commentary.
- He also quotes this in the title of the first part of his Sonic XL Let's Play.
- Special Guest: Tanner has had many, including Alxamei and Fuad.
- Suddenly Bilingual: One of his Mega Man parts starts with him saying "Bonjour, mes amies, et bienvenue a nous jounons dix Mega Man 10!" which translates to "Hello my friends and welcome to Lets Play Mega Man 10 10.
- That Reminds Me of a Song: Frequently sings in his videos, however he hates doing it and tries to stop himself.
- Too Dumb to Live:
- Tanner: "Hey, you aren't an enemy, are you?" *Jumps into an enemy and dies*
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Freqently says it has.
- Visual Novel: While he does Lets Play them, he's also making his own, entitled "Love, Life and the World".
- Vocal Evolution: Very noticeable from early work, where he was rather calm, cool and kinda meek, to his newer stuff where he is balls off the walls insane at times.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: At the end of his Mega Man 10 Playthrough. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Why Did It Have To Be Mushrooms?: One of his more prominent phobias.
- Word Salad Title: Mr. Unsmiley at 34N, 12E (Feat Modok, Black Doom and Snarf). It Makes Sense in Context, surprisingly.
- Why Won't You Die?: In the end video of one of his Pokemon Sapphire videos, he says this to May while running her over in a dune buggy as Sonic.