Lets Play / Caveman Films
, also known by his first name, Dan, is a YouTube
comedian and gamer. He refers to his fanbase as "the Dwellers"
. He is most noticed for his Minecraft video game content, his series "Bad/Disturbing Games ", and a series called "Shenanderthals ", a series in which he and a friend play games that are usually either bad or just weird. He usually plays with Ant Venom
Tropes that describe CavemanFilms
- Arch-Enemy: Bats. He calls them "demon-birds".
- Ascended Meme: The Caveman mod.
- Calling A Rabbit A Smeerp: He calls bones "clubs" and nicknames ghasts "babyfaces".
- Contemporary Caveman: He has evolved to the point of Like a Duck Takes to Water. See that trope below for more details.
- Filk Song: He directed Flee for Your Life and Wrecking Mob. He even sang for the latter!
- Gender Reveal: In Season 1 of his Hexxit Adventures, he tames a chocobo and calls it "Alfonse", which he assumes to be male. However, when he crafts the Chocopedia, he finds out that Alfonse is actually a girl. He doesn't change her name, though.
- Hetero Sexual Life Partners: With Ant Venom.
- Human Popsicle: As he reveals in the Better Than Villagers mod, the entire species of cavemen (which included him, naturally) were turned into this. He was the first to defrost, and evolved into the caveman that he is today.
- Large Ham: Especially when he gets angry.
- Let's Play: Predominantly consists of Minecraft, but he also plays a lot of other games, like Pokémon X and Y and Grand Theft Auto V.
- Like a Duck Takes to Water: Has evolved until he is very well adapted to the Minecraft environment. At first glance, you wouldn't even know that he is a caveman.
- Rage Quit: Less than half of all his single-player maps have this happen at least once.
- Somewhere, a Mammalogist Is Crying: While playing Facerig he takes control of a red panda and thinks it's a fox. Many YouTube commenters called him out on this.
- Take That!: He doesn't like YouTube's integration of Google+, to the extent that he made a whole video about it.