We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
A Let's Player
. Known for being witty, insane, and very much a brony. He has a small following on his let's play of FTL: Faster Than Light
, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
, and many other games.
- Artificial Stupidity: Bren ran into an example during his Skyrim Lets play, he went through a modded Mine and made it to two Bandit bosses who didn't pay him any mind (despite him killing all the lackies plus a lot of Thalmor). He dropped some stuff and what happens, they argued with each other and killed each other. The Mod creator had no idea why this happened.
- Ascended Fanboy: In Bren's Feed the Beast Let's Play, it is Railbaronl, he was a fan of Bren's work and was signed on to help him in the series to great effect.
- Bag of Holding: In Bren's Skyrim let's play he uses mods to make many items have zero weight (potions and ingots mostly). He has Lampshaded this trope multiple times.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Any guard in Skyrim while Bren is playing gets one if they mention anything involving an Arrow to the Knee or stealing sweet rolls.
- Card-Carrying Villain: When Bren acts evil in Faster then Light, he usually acts like one. Best moment (to Bren at least) claiming to kidnap Christopher Walkin just to read Goodnight Moon to his crew.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Bren is known to stop talking about something to say, "Oooh money" more so in Zelda let's plays when he without missing a beat goes from talking about something to saying, "Oooh rupees"
- Disproportionate Retribution: Any enemy of Bren in Faster Than Light. Mystery Klowd in Bren's Feed the Beast Let's Play after setting fire to his mansion had a nuke shoved up his rear and detonated during a fireworks show (off screen of course). Later on Klowd got his revenge by destroying Bren's server.
- Epic Fail: During Bren's run of Fallout: New Vegas, a Giant Radscorpion tried to kill him in Zion, but died jumping off a cliff to get him, Bren was amused.
- Genre Savvy: Bren's Dwemer character in his Skyrim Let's Play, so much so that he knows he is in a game. It doesn't stop him from being surprised when something odd happens. Bren himself mentions many tropes he notices when he plays other games.
- He Panned It, Now He Sucks : His opinion of Movie Bob and Feminist Frequency hasn't won him any friends from their fan bases.
- Home Base: It seems during Bren's run in Jea Corp, every place he worked at and called his home base has either been blown up or infested with giant insects. The oddest were Mexican Jumping poison spiders that somehow knew how to speak Latin; it still puzzles him to this day.
- Lampshade Hanging: Bren loves this trope, and enjoys poking fun and things that makes no sense within the game. Evolution Worlds tends to get the most lampshades from him.
- Meaningful Name: Bren's Name Tenkage uses the kanji for Ten (Heaven) and Kage (Shadow). He claims that it is like dark and light, or how he finds himself to be both normal yet abnormal at the same time.
- Oh, Crap: Bren says this a lot when dungeon splunking in Skyrim, mostly when he sets off a trap or is suddenly attacked
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Bren has been known to "Act" as NPC during his let's plays, that's not to say he is perfect at it.
- Sanity Slippage: Bren's Minecraft character goes through this a lot, mostly because of magic, not to mention the threat of evil that plagues the world of course. Not to mention the time when he plays SCP 087.
- Sweet Tooth: Bren's Dwemer character enjoys sweets, finding sweetrolls more valuable then even gold or blades.
- Tempting Fate: Bren has been known to say something that would bite him in the rear, he usually ends that sentence with a "I'm gonna have to do that aren't I?" Or "Its gonna happen isn't it?"
- The Cross Over: While Bren has a segment where he interviews other youtubes, it goes into full on crossover mode when he interviewed Derek the Dalek from Ask a Dalek.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Bren mentions this after tempting fate usually.
- Kill It with Fire: Bren's favorite method of destruction when it comes to Faster than Light.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes??: Bren hate giant spiders, the only kind of spider he doesn't mind is the Normal Spider of Minecraft, the poison spider however....
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Give Bren a rocket launcher, a flamethrower, or anything that will create a big boom, and he will produce an Evil Laugh.