Lets Play: Azuritereaction
"Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Wow, wow, wow, wowowow, wowowowowowowowow motherfucking wow. Son-of-a-bitch god damn motherfucking wow. Fucking fuck into wow infinity. Wow the motherfucking god damn World of Warcraft into fucking wow ShamWow. Fuckin' suck-my-dick son-of-a-bitch wow. Holy fucking shit. Make that god damn apple move. Fucking MOVE! Alright, there's another one, here's another one, there's going to be another fucking apple up your fucking ass. An apple a day keeps the motherfuckers away! There you go! Now drop down, and get your fucking dick blown off. CAUSE I BET THEY'RE GONNA COME DOWN! JUST LIKE THAT! GOD DAMN IT, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"AzuriteReaction
, otherwise known by his real name Dezmond Castner, is an LP'er
from Torrance, California. He is an LP'er in the broad sense that he talks while playing games. He does not call them Let's Plays
, though. Instead, he is more of a jack of all trades, in that he does multiple things. His current channel has a wide variety of video series going on or coming soon, including vlogs, epic stories, rants, commentaries, streams, among other things.
He originally started out with posting Rock Band
videos on YouTube
. After becoming mildly popular, he started doing many other things, such as playing LSD: Dream Emulator
, and Happy Wheels
. Over time, his off-the-wall raging, deadpan wit, and variety of content resulted in a sizable fanbase. He reached a new level of popularity after playing multiple rage-inducing video games including I Wanna Be the Guy
and Syobon Action
It's very likely that he has the most variety of game commentary on YouTube
in terms of how many different games he's covered over different generations of consoles, as well as PC games and indie, obscure, and flat out bizarre games. He currently puts up four videos a day, all of which usually being over different series, and frequently does vlogs and rants over things in his life. Due to a glitch in his Youtube subscription feed, he switched over to a new channel: "AzuriteYT
" in January 2013. He has a Twitch
account as azuritereaction
, too, on which he often does live streams of gameplay.
As of January 1, 2013, he also has a webcomic called Era Of Errors
. Read it here
(Needs wiki magic.)
Games Azurite Reaction Has or Is Playing
His Let's Play videos include instances of:
- Big "NO!": In his Fašade Let's Play titled "EPIC SCREAM".
- Big "YES!": Then inverted into a Big "NO!" in one of his Owata Let's Plays.
- British Accents: He uses some joke accents pretty often, but these are by far the most used.
- Catch Phrase: Several, including "Done like dinner," "Ate a bag," "Spinnin' n' grinnin'," "Flip a dip" and "Shake it n' bake it."
- Censor Bleep: In early let's plays.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: He's done a few of these on camera, making creepy smiles and random facial expressions for comedic effect.
- Chewing the Scenery
- Cluster F-Bomb: He curses all the time, and curses even more intensely when he rages.
- Comical Overreacting: He loves to go on huge, exaggerated rages in his videos.
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: He does this quite a bit. His commentary can be pretty random, and he often makes odd and funny threats when he gets angry.
"I WILL FUCK A MILLION WIVES!"
"I WILL EAT YOUR CATS!"
"I am going... to slit... my asshole open. It will not be a pleasant sight. I will need some blood transfusions."
"I need you to fucking leave so I can get Grace and throw that goddamn bitch out the motherfucking window! And then, Trip, you're gonna be next! I'm gonna fucking hang you by your goddamn dick on the fucking rafters, and then I'm gonna fucking slap you around with a fucking sock-em-bopper! FUCK
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Acted like this in one of his Facade Let's Plays.
- Also, in a Syobon Action video: "Alright, son. This is it. For the OLYMPIC MOTHERFUCKING GOLD MEDAL. YOU'RE GONNA DO IT. YOU'RE GONNA MAKE ME PROUD, BOY! YEEEEEEEEEAH!"
- Face Palm: Delivered when he was Wonder Trading in Pokemon Y when he recieved a Magikarp.
- Hitbox Dissonance: For some reason, the Piranha Plants in the Super Mario 64 two-player hack have larger than normal hitboxes.
- Jump Scare: Some of his LSD: Dream Emulator Let's Plays triggered his fears of kenophobia and the unexplainable, with flying colors.
- The 4th Wall, a freeware (for the old version) abstract surreal-horror game (not the puzzle-platformer with a similar name), manages to scare the ever-living Bejesus of out him. Understandable, of course, as the game designer himself outright based the game on Azurite's fears and phobias.
- The My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic FPS fan-game Ponyville Arena creeped him out (along with anyone else who played it) due to its poor use the G-mod ponies, resulting the mane six roaming the poorly-rendered and designed arena like zombie mannequins.
- Large Ham
- Let's Play: But of course.
- Long List: Near the ending of his Let's Play of Fruit Mystery, he went on a long list of "no's".
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Many games have crashed, glitched, or otherwise messed up horribly in his LP's, including 3D Pinball for Windows: Space Cadet, Sonic Generations, Super Meat Boy, Minecraft, and he has broken Facade multiple times.
- Nightmare Face: He does this in this video, especially at the end. He's prone to make crazy faces on camera in general.
- No Indoor Voice: Dez often shouts and talks loudly in his LP's. Sometimes you can hear his voice ringing in his room when he shouts.
- Nothing Is Scarier: He's kenophobic, which is the fear of wide-open spaces. Games with freaky monsters and blood everywhere that normally scare other people do nothing to him, but he's terrified of games where there's huge open spaces and you can't see anything in the distance wherever you turn.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: He lapses into this occasionally, especially when raging.
- Rant Inducing Slight: He did one of these rants for laughs on one Facade video after getting kicked out by Trip. And this one.
- Suddenly Shouting: This sometimes happens when he's either angry or afraid.
- Troll: No really, he's trolled Counter-Strike considerably from rapping loudly to imitating a siren when they threatened to call an admin on him.
- Unexplained Accent: AzuriteReaction loves to voice act in his LP's and has done videos with a wide range of accents for no reason other than to be funny. His favorite accent is some kind of mix between British and Australian, and he's also done Southern United States, Indian, and Spanish accents.
- Why Did It Have To Be Wide Open Spaces?: The Gatherers from Amnesia: The Dark Descent and SCP-173 don't bother him, but he's kenophobic, of all things.
- Actually averted with Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou, which has him freaking out about things NOT wide open spaces.
- Dez has said that the things that scare him the most are wide open spaces, things that are surreal/unknowable/unpredictable, and textual messages on a back screen with a negative message. While Eastern Mind didn't have many open spaces, it was so strange and unpredictable with weird creatures randomly popping up everywhere that it scared the crap out of him.
- Zany Scheme: Occasionally comes up with these in his LP's, such as pretending to be an insane preacher on Facade.