Lets Play: Electrical Beast
Ey, dis is Electrical Beast, AKA the Jolteon of Let's Plays!ElectricalBeast
(real name Adam, according to his YouTube
profile) is a very
user whose most famous work is a Let's Play
of Super Mario 64
. At 60 parts, it's very long, and often has many funny moments, exacerbated by his hilarious accent and happy-go-lucky personality. The second-to-last episode was released in April 2008, but due to computer problems, the final episode was put in Development Hell
until Christmas 2010, when EB uploaded it as a gift to all his watchers
. In September 2010 he started a Let's Play of Minecraft
, and in April 2011 he began an LP of Super Mario Bros Crossover
. He may also be starting an LP of Super Mario Sunshine
has done several RPs of him, and have noted that he, along with Billy MC
and MuscleBomber2021, is one of their favorite LPers.
Electrical Beast provides examples of these tropes:
- Adorkable: Very.
- Badass Boast: After a long absence of videos Electrical Beast makes one "I AVE RETURNED!"
- Be Careful What You Wish For: The Aesop of episode 16 of Minecraft.
- Berserk Button: Apparently, Chuckyas do not like being called 'Bomberman'.
- British Accents: Sports a ridiculously thick West Country accent that has garnered him many accusations of being a Fake Brit.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Narrating wacky storylines for the game while being tremendously competent at playing it is his trademark.
- Catch Phrase: "Hey, this is Electrical Beast, AKA the Jolteon of Let's Plays! And welcome back to Episode [X] of Let's Play Super Mario 64! Well, on today's episode..."
- "And that was the [X]th Star, guys!"
- "Gra-ah-ah! This is Bowser here!"
- "See ya... Bhai!..."
- Christmas Episode: The final Mario 64 episode, as well as a bonus one for New Year's.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: His LP of Mario 64 includes, among other things, teleportation, time machines, Super Saiyan powers, and Bowser's Evil (Evow) Test.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "And look at how high it is! It's an extremely high level..."
- Downer Ending: In episode 16 of Minecraft, he switched back to Mario for an adventure...in which Mario nearly drowned and failed to get the Star he was after.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first 20 or so episodes are more laid-back, with less humor.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome
- Evil Laugh: It's very off-putting, given his usually cheery demeanor.
- Fake-Out Opening: "And welcome back to episode 46 of Banjo-Kazooie! I mean Super Mario 64."
- Fan Fiction: Well, let's be fair, the guy is applying quite a bit of artistic liberty.
- Flanderization: It's like he turned up all his idiosyncrasies Up to Eleven for the last episode of his Let's Play of Super Mario 64.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: It was a fairly normal Super Mario 64 LP until Episode 24, where he revealed Mario could teleport. It only got more crazy from there.
- Harmless Villain: His view of Bowser.
"So Bowser is using Mario's own power to destroy Mario. Isn't Bowser pathetic?"
- It Only Works Once: Mario's power to turn back/stop time can only be used once. It's used during the final battle with Bowser, after he falls off the side of the level with no lives left.
- It's Personal: His reaction to Chuckyas after one threw him off a cliff.
- Kill It with Fire: In Episode 26 of Minecraft, the forest and Treezilla burned down. Luckily, he had a backup made... which was erased due to a glitch.
- Lets Players Cannot Do Math: See Time Travel below.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Sort of; some attacks he says Mario and Bowser are using are from Pokémon, and he says that Rainbow Ride is like Dragon Ball Z. He says Mario has Super Saiyan powers, too.
- It's confirmed in Episode 13 of Minecraft that his Mario videos and Minecraft videos have the same Mario.
Ey, dis is Electrical Beast, AKA the giant of Let's Plays!
- Named After Somebody Famous: In Super Mario 64, he names one of the enemies after himself.
- They're actually called Amps.
- Ninja Warrior: He likes the show, and declares Mario is practicing for one of the tournaments. And that he'd win every time.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Bowser, as revealed in episode 13 of Minecraft.
- Out-Gambitted: Turns out when Mario stopped Bowser's Time Machine, Bowser used its mystical energy to erase Mario's memory, then trap him in the Minecraft world.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: Sort of.
- Retsupurae: Nonetheless, Slowbeef and Diabetus ended up liking him, saying he was one of their favorite LPers. He took the riffing in good stride.
- Running Gag: "Teleport!"
- Calling Koopa the Quick 'Koopa the Slow'.
- Shout-Out: He frequently does these for other Let's Players in his videos.
- Take Up My Sword: Luigi took over Minecraft for Mario after he left to be in the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Teleport Spam: In Episode 17 of Minecraft, Mario went back to Boo's Mansion and learned how to multi-teleport.
- Time Travel: His interpretation of Tick Tock Clock is a time machine, and Bowser plans to use it to turn back time by 10 years to when Mario was a baby and get the stars earlier.
- He also varies between saying that Mario has the power to stop time and turn back time—but only once!
- Both versions of the power ended up being used in the finale.
- The West Country
- Time Skip: On April 15 2008 episode 59 came out but it would not be until September 19 2010 (aside from a few short test videos) that he would start doing lets plays again. By this time Electrical Beast was older and less upbeat than he was before.
- Treehouse of Fun: He built one in Minecraft, christening it 'Treezilla'.
- Vapor Ware: The conclusion, Episode 60, took over two years to make, and many fans lost hope until he began his Minecraft LP.
- Verbal Tic: Huh!
- Victory Is Boring: The reason Bowser gave Mario his memory back is because he got bored without him, and wanted to finish him personally.
- Villain Ball: "I think [Bowser] made a mistake by giving our memory back."
- Wham Episode: Episode 13 of Minecraft. Bowser appears to talk to Mario via a painting, and reveals that he used the time machine's mystical energy to erase Mario's memory, create the monsters in the Minecraft world, and teleport him here. It ends on a cliffhanger.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Justified in episode 46 or the Super Mario 64 Let's Play.
"The best thing to do when you get in this level is try and find as much spider thingies as you can. So just kill 'em under any circumstance. I know they're animals with feelins', but they're only a game character. HUH!
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Besides Mario's careers as a plumber, doctor, and carpenter, EB says he's a champion sumo wrestler.
- And that he owns 'a very hot volcano'. (Even in the game where Mario owned a castle and the surrounding land, Super Mario Land 2, there was no volcano level).
- And now, with his Minecraft LP, Mario is a miner attempting to make his own kingdom. Or something.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Plays these in Minecraft.